Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

still pinching myself...

Go down 
+5
oldsaddlebags
Ellie*Mae
oldladynewhorse
Loves Color
withaTwist
9 posters
AuthorMessage
withaTwist

withaTwist

still pinching myself... Empty
PostSubject: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:57 am

not just a good day, but a really good week.
my new "lost cause" horse, an older QH that wouldnt make an eventer due to a big knee, and a skittish personality, is amazing me every single time we ride.
I didnt know much about his history before he was at an english barn, and at the time, being an english rider I didnt really know what else to look for.
After I moved to PEI and decided to play around with western riding, and took some great clinics (thanks Dominica!), my little pony has quite the background of western riding, and reining, and we are going to our first "fun" show tomorrow!
i never though i would ever be at the stage of loping and galloping, one-handed, with flying changes, outside! i was such a chicken.

sorry.. just had to share my excitement!
I havent had this much fun riding, or been this excited for a show since i was 12!
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Have fun! Reining seems to bring this side out in people. We bought a little reining mare last fall and she is great. My daughter has the most interest in riding that I have seen since she was small.

Good Luck at your show.

:good_luck_grap
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Good luck @ your show. I went to my 1st reining clinic a month ago (Nick Valentine was the patient and forgiving instructor) and had a blast. My horse was excellent and really took to reining training. We have started to spin a little and her whoa is coming along. Her back-ups and fencing is improving. It our minds active!! We will neve be "pro" but all the patterns helps me and her improve in our everyday riding.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Good for you - that's what they are supposed to be about...fun! Is that show at PPH farms? What time does it start? I might try and get over to watch....that seems like such a fun barn, with great people!
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:46 pm

It's a great feeling isn't it!!!
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:32 pm

you two were the stars of the show today!!!!!!! they won best horse and rider combo :) and rocked their patterns.

YAY!!!

i was so proud. i actually almost cried.

not to mention, i was SUPER proud of my pony too :)
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:58 am

Fantastic! There's nothing more heart warming than having fun with your horse.

still pinching myself... 775395
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Sounds awesome! I love reining, it's a lot of fun :)
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:58 pm

thanks jill.
we had a great weekend (Angus is still mad that I couldnt seem to remember the patterns, we would have placed in more classes! lol) and if i could figure out how to post photos, i would!

i like the rules in reining, (similar to my flat english/dressage background) but its more fun with the speed and flair, and of course outfits! lol. i FINALLY got to deck out a horse in bright turquoise :)

i guess we found our "last chance" with each other, we're both pretty pleased with ourselves :)
his last mom is very proud of us too, says he looks like a new man :D
Back to top Go down
Krista

Krista

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:34 pm

That's awesome! Sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun! :D Are you coming up to Summerside for the show and clinic this weekend? We'd love to have you in the clinic, numbers are waaay lower than we thought they would be :(
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:36 pm

i really want to, but since we showed last weekend it will be tough to convince my trailer...
and im not sure i have the money :( once i added the clinic/stall fee, plus the division and reining classes, it was getting pricey!

but i could likely find the money if i can find a cheap ride.... :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: still pinching myself...   still pinching myself... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

still pinching myself...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: