Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wonderful evening! <3

Go down 
+3
Fiere
just joan
Wil-If-I-Want
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wil-If-I-Want

Wonderful evening! <3 Empty
PostSubject: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Well it was super warm and muggy today and the girls and I had planned to trail ride after work. I don't ride when it is over 25 and my car read 32! So we tacked up and headed for the beach to swim... Of course no one had a camera!!! I went bareback with my bathing suit, something I've always wanted to do. It was a blast, at one point I slipped off and then she was soooo deep I was able to pull myself back up, but once I she began trotting in the deep water did we ever laugh!! I almost came off. The horses loved it, and it sure did cool them off!

MY BOYFRIEND RODE THE WHOLE WAY DOWN & BACK! Including part of the trail thats on the road! Craig rode my horse who is bombproof on the trails.. The other girls rode in front and I walked near by on foot.

I am so proud of him. This past Christmas he was lead around and panicked and it did not go over well... I've given pony rides to children who were less afraid.. we got into a heated argument over the whole thing. his family and friends teased him so last week he sat on her and I lead him around and he did well.. we figured out that he feels wayyyy more comfortable with stirrups at the proper length. He is 6"3 and I am 5"3! I had to lower the stirrups literally 11 holes. Again, so so proud. It is so nice to see my favorite horse, favorite fellow and bestest dog all going together <3

my dog came with us off leash. He's been in the fields/barn and around horses off leash but he's never been off leash while everyone is on horses. On the way back I rode double on my friends big mare and my little dog just looked up at me and waited for us standing a respectful distance from the horse. I always dreamed i'd be able to do this but never had an opportunity to try. Wilson is very energetic and loves to run, play, and swim.. this is just another great way to get him exercised!

Proud of my horse, proud of my boyfriend, and proud of my dog. Such a happy day!!!!

I think I've got myself a great future trail riding partner!

Last edited by Wil-If-I-Want on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Good for you.........and great for HIM.........it really is the best if you have a Mate that is horsey like us........glad your little dog got a chance to just be a dog on a real trip........... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

WIIW, I am jealous. It sounds like a great day! It's too bad you didn't get pics to share with us!

Also, how do you train yer man to be at all willing to somewhat like horses? Mine sucks in that department.
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:02 pm

I learned to somewhat golf. his passion... so he's trying mine out!

When I asked him if he seriously ejoyed himself he swears he did, when I asked why he finally did it... he said because he loves me and knows how happy it would make me. *blushes* I've got me a gentlemen.

He even unbridled her, and helped me un tack. The other day he asked if he could give her the grain bucket! too cute.

Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Awwww, that's sweet. DH will do horse labour for me, but he will not, as a rule, enjoy them, and I only got him on a horse once after the barn women drove him bananas over it. I need to brainwash him. Chant in his ear every night maybe? *you like horses... you like horses... you like horses...*

ETD: Thats funny about the gold, Dan likes to golf as well. I offered to try it to see his passion if he let me learn him to ride. He said, 'Why would I do that? I use that time to get away from you!' LOL I think he likes his man-only golf time.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:21 am

Awesome girl but you need to take the camera please...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:52 am

Ohh I have big plans! :)

We are going to a golf tournament this weekend (well I'm going to sit back and relax at the hotel and then to things when he's done)

When we get back, were going to go on a trail ride together. I will take my friends lovely mare and he will ride Willow. Willow is so good with him, very patient but man oh man does she ever know its not mommy on her!! she eats everything edible in sight (at the forward motion) but he does very well to pull her away (bonus, its great to balance him up)

I can't wait to get him is own helmet and boots!
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Sounds like such a fantastic day!
Back to top Go down
tilly

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Glad you had a great day
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Sounds like so much fun! It took my b/f about a year, and the right horse, to really love riding. Now, 3 years later he's as horsey as everyone on this board.

Keep at him, you'll have him converted in no time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wonderful evening! <3   Wonderful evening! <3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wonderful evening! <3
Page 1 of 1