Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JUST A TAD BIT

Go down 
+4
Freva
Loves Color
just joan
Wissy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
withaTwist

withaTwist

JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:35 pm

glad i could help! hopefully the squats help with the knees, should help with stairs at least :)

any questions, feel free to ask
Back to top Go down
Krista

Krista

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 pm

My apologies for hijacking your thread Wissy! But what exercises would you suggest for someone with artificial legs? My Dad was read the riot act by his doctor last week. He is a diabetic, and was warned that if he doesn't clean up his act and start exercising and eating better, he'll be facing a stroke or heart attack JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 336163 Mom and I have memberships for the gym in Cornwall, so we were thinking that there may be a few exercises that he could do there as well.
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:29 am

Krista- Im unfamiliar with with gym in cornwall, do they have a pool? I havent actually had any clients with artificial legs... and most cardio is acheived mainly through the large muscles of the legs... hmm...

conveniently, i have textbooks :)
really not sure if the gym in cornwall would have an upper body ergometer (arm bike)? they are the most common, and i've seen a few in ontario, but not on my end of this island...

depends on his mobility mostly, can you give me more details?

and i know with diabetes diet is a huge factor, depressing as it may be...
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:40 am

hey Krista .. no problem. .. twist is wonderful.. she's helped me a lot..especially since I was so discouraged.. on the wagon again.. not that I feel off.. but almost..
one question Twist .. how many times a week should I go to the gym.. and what days.. right now.. I go Mon, Tue, Wed.. sometimes.. I skip Wed.. go thurs.. and Friday's if I'm not going away for the weekend..
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:12 am

if your goal is weight loss, you could go every day.
generally, with weight training you want to take a day off in between, but if you're doing weights for cardio benefit as well (not to gain strength or size, and therefor not lifting really heavy weights) then its okay to do them a few days in a row.

mostly i recommend every day, if you can, or every other day, its easier to establish it as a habit that way. 3 days on, 4 days off can also lead to this slump... its too easy fall back in to old habits with too many days off in a row :)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 am

got it.. went Mon, tues , wed.. off yesterday.. guess I go after work today.. yeehaw..
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:10 am

haha, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
but that keeps you from feeling guilty tomorrow ;)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 am

haha your right.. I had feeling quilty.. lol
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:59 am

About drinking more water - put fresh lemon juice in it. Not just a little slice... like 1/3-1/2 a lemon in a tall glass. It tastes way better and it's a liver detoxifier as well. I start each day with a glass of lemon water.

Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 am

I'll try it Dexy.. but if I throw up.. I'll be looking for you.. lol and you know what I'm like when I get pissed.. hehehe
Back to top Go down
Krista

Krista

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 pm

The gym in Cornwall is fairly basic. There are a couple of recumbent bikes, an upright bike, a couple of ellipticals, stairsteppers, then the weight machines. I've seen him on his old exercise bike at home a few times, so I'm thinking that he may be able to use the upright bike at the gym too, or perhaps the recumbent bike might be more comfortable for him :)
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:17 pm

bikes are great for stability, again, not knowing about mobility issues.
tell him to watch those sugars!
same thing applies, long, slow, steady pace, for as long as he can, ideally everyday. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JUST A TAD BIT    JUST A TAD BIT  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JUST A TAD BIT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bert's Diner -for everyday conversations around the coffee pot.-
Jump to: