Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wee Haimish

Go down 
+9
charlo
Simi
Flicka
Tammy
C4B's
Sooke
SexyDexy
Wissy
just joan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:52 am

Sunday when I got up, Haimish couldnt stand, get up, nothing. The boys had been having fun fights and tussling around most of the day saturday, I thought nothing of it at the time. But I guess donkey has too much energy for the midget. So of course I freaked, Called for the vet and was planning on calling the backhoe guy. Spent most of sunday coaxing Haimish to get up and massaging him and he did finally stand but was trembling and his right front leg was obviously giving him real pain and he didnt want to put any pressure on it. I seperated the boys and left Haimish in the run in on his own and let Sam and Shaemus go work off some steam elsewhere. Yesterday again I spent the day massaging and rubbing him and he was trying to walk but you could see he was still in pain..,I tried everything to get him to take some bute, it didnt matter what the heck I hid it in, he was having nothing to do with it.
This morning he walked himself out of the run in.......slowly, but he did it.......so, I am going to call the vet back and change my diagnosis.........I dont know whether to bang my head slowly and deliberately off the wall, or cut my throat and be done with it. I do stuff thinking its good for him and end up just hurting him more.......Donkey is going nuts trying to dig his way into the run in to play with his pal.......
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 am

you think it was too much on him after his episode with Abbey..??? You couldn't have known.. he looked so dam good..and was having fun.. hope he gets better soon.. poor bugger..
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:58 am

Dexter does crap like that to scare me every once in a while. He came in one day swollen from his hoof to the top of his withers! Haimish must have just twisted the wrong way doing his acrobatics with Shaemus. He probably just needs a few days rest.

Perhaps donkey snipping might be a good idea... Would keep him from mounting him and Haimish's need to duck and dive.

For bute, try mixing it in pepto bismol in a big syringe. This is the only way I can get it into George.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:05 am

never thought of pepto bismol......not something I have in my bag of tricks.....thanks Cindyrelly.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:06 am

there are no balls on donkey.....there is a pouch,,,,,but its empty......I squeezed to check and found nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:15 am

I'm thinking he just over did it...some of us do that don't we?...were there any stairs in the play?...some of us have days when shoes are just opional, maybe he's the same...
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:47 am

you could be right Sooke. lol!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 am

Why didn't you call ??????? how is he today ?????? do you want me to come take a look ?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 pm

figured you were busy Carol.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Any improvement? I'm guessing he just over did it, but then again, there's a reason I'm not a vet. If you manage to get some bute into him make sure he's confined. I know lots of people give them bute and then when they look better, turn them out. Recipe for disaster if you ask me. Hope the wee fella is OK. and stop kicking yourself JJ - you aren't responsible for what happened. Horses will be horses and if they can find a way, will injure themselves just to keep us feeling guilty!

Keep us posted on the wee fella.

wee Haimish 757770
Back to top Go down
Flicka

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Poor little one..

I know for giving bute, Dealer goes through modes where he likes it or not. I had to go and give him bute for a couple days in a row and he didn't want it eat it nor did he want to eat his supper. BUT he would go and eat APPLE FRITTERs. So I would take one out every meal, and break it into 4 pieces and put it in two of the 4 pieces and then feed him the pieces in random order, so he never knew which one had the meds in it or not. But we did try for the last one to not be filled with Bute.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:46 pm

hahah....no Apple Fritters here, but did try apple sauce in between two oatmeal cookies.....he was not fooled.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:58 pm

I just mix it with a little water and syring it down.. I dont fuss with stuff and it worked for me with the big suckers you should do it ok with the mini...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
charlo

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:39 pm

I do the same as Simi, but I add molasses, warm water and the bute. Mix it together, then syringe it in. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:04 am

Fin's a brat about meds, and a vet taught me to grab the tongue, pull it to the side between the teeth (they wont bite down) then take the powder/meds in my hand and put it as far back on the tongue as i could reach. its definitely messy, but works. i wonder if the size of a mini would make this easier or harder?

i agree with not feeling guilty, and giving him rest. hopefully its just muscle soreness, tell his trainer to quit pushing him so hard :)
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 am

ah geez Joan - how is he???????
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am

He has had 4 days off from wee Haimish 210885889 .... and is quite happy to be out in the big paddock all by himself. He is still walking slowly, but he goes out and comes back in to lay down when he feels like it. I will keep Shaemus seperated from him for a week and see how it goes after that. I hope its not going to be a case of keeping them apart forever as That was Not what I had planned for either of them........but......we all know....The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men......gan afta glae..........
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 am

he may just need some time to get better and then they can go out together again.. just no rough stuff.. lol
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:16 am

I'm sure in time he will come around. Therapy has to hurt in order to have improvements and his therapist (donkey) has been pushing him a little bit harder then he needs to be pushed. Can you try a heating pad for his stiffness?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 am

YES, yes I could....thanks.....will work on a heating pad type thing tonight...... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:30 am

Oh frig... hope he gets better soon, Joan! Try putting rice in a fabric sack (sock or something lol), heat it up in the microwave. Poor man's Magic Bag that. I had an extra plug in heating pad, I will see if I can dig it out for you, I *may* be down your way tomorrow looking at a truck, if I find it I'll stop in and drop it off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wee Haimish Empty
PostSubject: Re: wee Haimish   wee Haimish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wee Haimish
Page 1 of 1