Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smaller victory than most achieve....

Go down 
+5
Tango
just joan
MoonShadow
Sooke
Ellie*Mae
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Smaller victory than most achieve.... Empty
PostSubject: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:55 pm

but a major one for me...I walked up to Arrow in the field this morning and put his fly mask back on him, while he was loose, no halter, no rope, he raised his head, but never moved his feet....he HATES the mask, of course, because he is the horse who HAS to wear one...(he burns and has an allergic reaction to the bites on his face and looses all the hair) This summer to avoid a battle every morning before work, I left it on him day and night, taking it off to come in the barn at supper, or to ride, groom, etc...I've done it in the barn with no halter this summer, but today was the first time I tried it in the field!! Whoot whoot!

And, we have started canter work...boy, is he lazy :-) My kind of horse!!!
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:57 pm

It is a HUGE victory! Well done you! And Arrow too! Smaller victory than most achieve.... 43238 Smaller victory than most achieve.... 197264
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Sometimes some of what seems to be the smallest of things can in reality be a very big deal!! So way to go!! Smaller victory than most achieve.... 561245

Hope he continues to cooperate! I bet he is just smart enough to know fly season is just about over.... Smaller victory than most achieve.... 831788
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:49 am

something that seemed insurmountable before is now a point anc click type of deal........I'd say that is definately a huge stride forward......... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tango

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:40 am

That is the great thing about a forum like this. We all can appreciate what something that seems so simple really means. Smaller victory than most achieve.... 542520
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 pm

It feels like a huge step forward for me, but not much of a achievement compared to the goals reached by others...but it is HUGE for me :-) Could barely touch his white eye when we first got him, now he REALLY trusts me...wuvs her boy...!
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Yay! That is wonderful Ellie*Mae I have face issues with my horse as well although they've improved significantly over the years..

The past 3 times I've gone out to get my mare, she walked towards me. I take this to heart (I know she doesn't perceive it the same way) but I feel like I have a willing horse who wants to be with me when she walks to me instead of away
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Way to go Ellie-Mae!!! What you accomplished may in itself...may sound simple but it was a huge feat. To win an animals trust is a wonderful thing...the confident acceptance of the act speaks so much louder than the act itself....job well done by both you and Arrow!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:01 pm

youhoooo Ellie mae, good for you..
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 pm

The funny thing is he is sooo easy to do other things with - load, harness and hitch, or saddle, mounting or dismounting, vet, farrier, de-worming, etc., he is an absolute doll - I saddle him outside, I can put all my junk on the fence and then go get him, and he doesn't run away, or avoid being caught, it's just the MASK! And the hose...but he stands so much better for that now, too. Hot horse on a hot day doesn't seem to mind as much :-)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:43 pm

oh Ellie Mae that is great.. now you can say he will do anything for you.. what a good boy.. and it's all because of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smaller victory than most achieve....   Smaller victory than most achieve.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smaller victory than most achieve....
Page 1 of 1