Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.

Go down 
+14
MoonShadow
Tie
Wissy
munchmom
Tammy
withaTwist
C4B's
oldladynewhorse
SexyDexy
lb-ranch
Simi
blackfly
MSFarm
just joan
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Empty
PostSubject: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:00 am

Tuesday Sept. 20 2011.........Good morning Ladies.......as you all know, Haimish was laid to rest last Sunday, it broke my heart to watch him suffer.....and you all know I had hoped he was going to recover. I brought home Shaemus the donkey to be his pasture pal and they did have some real good fun together, but it was not to be. Sunday night poor Shaemus was going out of his mind, running around and calling for Haimish all night. I let him come in the bunkhouse monday everytime he banged on the door.....I even set up a little obstacle course for him in the run in to try and take his mind off Haimish. But it wasn't enough to make a difference. Tammy was working on getting me a Nfld pony delivered to the Ferry Terminal.......a sweet older guy who needed a home.......unfortunately the timing was just not going to be fast enough.

So yesterday I put up a HELP message in facebook looking for an older gelding pony or mini who needed a forever retirement home......

well, it seems the Gods and Karma were watching and reading .......the folks that bred Haimish, Paul and Joan from TWIN LIGHTHOUSE FARMS .called and offered me a little weanling mini stud colt... out of their mare Shylo by their stud Smokie.....a little chocolate brown fellow....I was totally stunned, and of course thrilled to bits.....so I gave him a name....SHYLO'S SMOKIN HOT CHOCOLATE..........SNICKERS for his barn name. I think its definately appropriate as a Snickers bar is my favourite to eat.....hahaha..........and then I realized I now have three S's........Sam Shaemus and Snickers.......how cool is that.....

Tomorrow morning Sooke and I will go up and get him in my truck.......pretty sure the little fellow will fit in the cap!!!!!

I will start a new blog here for him and let you all follow along with how it all goes......I cant wait to meet him.......

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi

Last edited by just joan on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:35 am

can't wait to hear more!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
blackfly

blackfly

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 am

Excited yet? lol! Love the name! Will be expecting lots of pictures!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:48 am

I guess I will have to pick a new Smilie for the Snickers Bar........... BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 69474

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:59 am

just now realized I have posted this in a few spots already......guess I am a little excited.....sorry.....but will make sure I only post the rest of his life HERE.............. :cowboyhound.gi BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 69474

Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:14 am

Congrats JJ i am so happy for you!!!!

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:49 am

TA DAH......just born March 10. 2011
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 315948_10150824765065529_794710528_20779432_1398844437_n

..this is him and his mom Shylo, in July this year......

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 261650_2174200163974_1515917181_2398759_4770278_n

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 269997_2174155602860_1515917181_2398659_4483322_n

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 265098_2174197563909_1515917181_2398752_6649364_n

Last edited by just joan on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:32 am

wee need a "like" button over here :)
will be eagerly following the tale of Snickers on here :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:37 am

going to be needing his own halter Syl.......you know the colour.......hahaha.

SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Looks just like his momma... except for all that hair of course. He reminds me of a dark brown Fozzy bear. lol!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:20 pm

he will match well with Shaemus.......remember this look??

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Sb_53213

oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 pm

OMG, he is so cute and he does look like Fozzy Bear. Purple will look GOOOD on him!!

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 524117

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Just remembering now, that Paul told me he has never been handled........I sort of let that slip on bye as a not so important concern.........but thinking now of lifting him up into the truck tomorrow that perhaps I might be re considering that little tidbit.......hahaha........oh well, he;s just little.......how tricky can it be.......FAMOUS LAST WORDS......OR.......Wishful Thinking.......we will have the camera ready to catch every detail........hoping to get a good shot of his Sire and Dam to put in his BABY ALBUM........... BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 69474 BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 69474

C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 pm

OMG he is tooo cute...hope donkey takes to him and doesn't hurt him he is sooo little !!!!!! just remembering Ainsley puppy !! but boy once they get to be friends are they going to keep you running Joan !! LOL
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:34 pm

phst, just wrap him in a blanket to get him in the truck, thats what we do with my parents dog to trim his nails/cut his hair/do anything difficult with. a friend of mine also used the method to transport a wild bald eagle, tho that i cant recommend, lol.

super cute joan, im eagerly awaiting your stories :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:35 pm

no worries of Shaemus going to get close enough to hurt the Snickers Bar........I will be keeping a real good watch over any and all activities......as I said....I WILL HAVE PEACE ON EARTH HERE.......OR ELSE!!!!!!! BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 69474 BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. 210885889 :dog006.gif:

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:03 pm

For some reason I am picturing him riding in the front of the truck with you and Ainsley. I mean, how much trouble can one wee little fella be? Oh wait ... never mind ... CAN'T WAIT FOR PICS!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 am

Good Morning Ladies......Wednesday Sept. 21. I am up and pacing......I know its way too early to go and bug poor Sooke......but I sure wish I could just get going!!!!!! I cleaned out the Snicker Bars stall and removed Donkeys jungle jim from the run in, Nice clean bedding, water and hay all ready for the little guy. Put the rubber mat in the back of the truck, and am trying to figure out if I should put in 4 or 5 bags of shavings around the perimeter of the box so he doesnt get thrown around back there. Shaemus came home from Freva's and never moved an inch, but not so sure the little fella will be stable enough to wedge his behind into a corner and just stay there. Maybe he should just sit on Sookes' lap!!! hah ha...I know what she would say about that.......oh well, sort of just rambling here, I have never had anything this small before......he's sort of like a pocket pony and I'm pretty sure Sam is bigger than him too. Who would ever have thought that my whole life would change this much in two months. Going from having a big old quarter horse mare and a full grown mini, to a teenage mini donkey and a tiny baby mini horse........talk about DOWNSIZING!!!!!

I am excited and a little scared this morning, I sure hope I am doing the right thing here and that I can make a safe wonderful home for both my new boys. I guess time will tell. Guess I should go play with Donkey and Sam for a bit before I get going......I think I am gonna throw up!!!!!!!

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:25 pm

we are home........little snickers is a lovely little fellow.......the donkey may have to go.......long story.........am going to pour myself a drink and then I will post it...................rose

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:18 pm

The day actually started pretty good, I got over to Sookes; around quarter to 8, had a cup of coffee and snuggled with wee oliver......drove down that wretched mountain road and decided no way in Bleeding heart were we coming back up this way with the little fellow in the back......Headed straight to the Sydney SPCA to fill in my forms for fostering and driving dogs......and checked to see if the Newfie dog that Jorgia was looking for was still there.......nope, gone already, but the girls were trying to talk me into taking a little dog with me today and maybe some kittens....well believe it or not....I managed to say NO.....one new comer at a time is all I can do. So off we headed up to TWIN LIGHTHOUSE FARMS.....Paul had managed to catch Snickers last night...(first time ever handled) and got him in a stall, trimmed his feet and gave him a brushing.......so he sure looked some sweet when we saw him.....oh, this was also his first time away from his mother......hahahah.....oh boy!!!!!!

Snickers' dad......Smokie, I found out today was also Haimish's dad......so that makes them half brothers...how cool is that. I'm only going to post a little at a time......as my head is just not ready to get around all the thistle that went on once we arrived home.

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Snickers at Lighthouse Farm

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0068

Mom...Shylo
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0069

Dad...Smokie...(Haimish's dad too)
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0070[/url

me metting the snickers bar
[url=https://servimg.com/view/13732665/109]BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0071

standing pretty
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0072

Paul giving him a quick leading lesson
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0073

we hung around for an hour just catching up and shooting the breeze and I had wanted to take a look at some of the other INTERESTING creatures they have around......heres a few....

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0074

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0075
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0076
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0077

getting ready to leave.....

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Dsci0078

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:58 pm

The little fella travelled just fine, no worries, and he just sort of wandered around and was looking out the windows just enjoying the view.......he only knickered a little a few times, no big deal screaming or anything like that. We came home down the highway through the construction but we didnt have to wait in line too much at all, and I sure didnt want to go back up that old washboard, pot holled, dust bowl of a mountain road again............NOW THE STORY REALLY BEGINS...........we pull in the driveway and I know immediately something aint quite right with this picture.......when I left, Sam was tied up and the donkey was in the big paddock......I had undone the SNOW FENCE GATE and it should still have been like that......but it was closed, and thats not something Ed would just do for no reason. I get out to undo the gate and Ed stumbles out of the house and says the donkey attacked him.......well thistle.....its hard for me to believe, but my old man is not one for jokes or making up stories.......apparently he had heard Shaemus trumpeting and it was coming from down on the road.....so he went and got a bucket with some cubes and was coaxing him back into the yard.........as he turned to close up the gate Shaemus bit him on the back of the leg, Ed turned round to smuck him and donkey turned on his forehand and kicked him square in the chest and knocked him on his buttercup........he was trying to get up when Shaemus came at him again....Ed was down by the old fence posts and picked one up to swing it at him and he wouldnt back off......Ed said he had to walk backwards towards the house and get in the back door all the while Shaemus being really pushy......Ed is not a horse man, but he has always been able to feed, muck etc for me when I go out, .......but he is not a happy camper.....he has some pretty bad bruises and his back is rose colored glasses....Anyway, I get the donkey and lead him into the barn and out the back paddock, we drive the truck in and start to unload Snickers.

just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:14 pm

now you may remember the story of Unloading the Donkey, when he lept out through the topper window without the tailgate being down.......well, we were going to be ready for the little guy.....got a bag of shavings to give him somewhere to step down to and just as I am going to put on the lead............he LEAPS........LIKE AN OLYMPIC SHOW JUMPER......over the shavings and lands on Sam......and then he is off and running............Sam in hot pursuit.......gonna greet his new pal......Sam is pretty much close in size to Snickers and he wasnt quite sure about all the LICKING Sam had in mind..........of course, we dont have the driveway gate closed either at this point and Sooke aint all that nimble......but I yell instructions and off she goes, in the mean time I;m trying to get Sam to quit chasing the little guy so we can maybe catch him........to make matters much worse.....Shaemus decided to run through the fence and take up pursuit himself...............rose rose rose rose rose.......THE tulip was trying to grab him by the neck.......now Ainsley has a stick and I am trying to catch the donkey.......luckily Snickers managed to duck under the small paddock fence and that was enough time to re catch Shaemus I put on the dog collar so Ainsley could zap him if he tried to come back through the fence while I tried to catch Snickers.

All was going well for maybe 10 mins or so, till I hear Ainsley yellliing.........oh thistle.........Smartass poophead donkey had sneaked out the back through the bush and was now back headed to the little paddock.......I catch the donkey and lock him in his stall.

I spent another half hour coaxing Snickers to drink some water so I could grab his halter.........both of the boys are in their respective stalls.....Ainsley went home.......I had a drink.......and that is where we are now.

munchmom

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh thistle Joan. Have another drink. Tomorrow it will be better. I am sure that once they get used to each other things will improve. Might be time to take up a collection to de nut the donkey ...I would be happy to contribute!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 pm

awww sorry it did not go better. Im sure things will work out though!
hope your man gets better soon... tomorrow he is going to hurt real bad... :( donkeys can do some kicking
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next