Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do with the do

Go down 
+2
oldladynewhorse
Becca
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Becca

Becca

What to do with the do Empty
PostSubject: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:42 am

Hey ladies!

Being a convert from English to western I am used to throwing my hair up in a hair net and into my helmet, or in a tight bun in the back. This is my first year showing western (that wasn't just for a laugh) so have no idea what judges like done.. Tried throwing it under my hat but my hat has come off twice with me trying to do that so no dice. Some have told me bun with hairnet others said leave it loose in a ponytail.. Little confused! Haha
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Pulled back in a ponytail with a fancy blingy holder seems to be the choice right now. Make sure the hair is neat and off your face. I have also seen a low bun in a blingy hairnet. again make sure the hair is contained and neat.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:10 pm

braid your hair if its long enough, put a clasp or ribbon in it,,,,either silver or the same colour as your shirt or saddle pad.....neat and tidy for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:07 pm

The pony tail is defiantly in for right now, but thats depends on your hair length too. I prefer seeing the nicely curled ponytails, but most don't have the time for that and a neat straight one will do as well. If your hair is fairly short and you only get a small pony, i think you'd be better off with a low bun in a hair net. Or you can always get a nice curly pony tail extension ;) i believe hobby horse sells em
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Not to hi-jack, but what if you have a butt length mane? A bun would look foolish, would a pony tail that long be over the top? My hair when tied in a single pony, will naturally fall into once big ringlet (lucky me!).
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:09 pm

MeGivor,............BRAID IT.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:43 am

It looks so bad in a braid though! Like a big rat tail or something. LOL
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:08 am

hmmm did some googling Fiere..

What to do with the do FrenchBraid7

This girls hair is long & thick.. the remainder of the french braid is tucked up?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 am

now, that is beautiful.........
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:41 am

That is really nice. Ill have to play with it nd see if I can do it to myself.
I personally really like the look of the ponytail with the curl, but a low ponytail on me almost touches my belt... which i don't know if that's unacceptable due to the length.Though it looks nice when riding my bay lol our back ends match.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:50 am

anything that long and swinging detracts the eye......judges want to be watching your seat and horses movement, not your hair flowing in the breeze.............just saying. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the do   What to do with the do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with the do
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Riding Horses :: Cowboy Up! - for the Western guys and gals-
Jump to: