Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donkey delights

Go down 
+2
TripleCRanch
Twilight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Twilight

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:18 pm

I have said for a long time that if we won the lottery, I'd start a donkey rescue.

Well, last night, we hooked on to the trailer and went to pick up another one. She was being given away, the the owner's weren't screening homes, just wanted her gone. They are very nice people, I just don't think they realised that people can pose as good homes, but be meat dealers, etc.

Poor Bunny foundered this summer, and her feet are long overdue. One hoof is twisted, and broken/chipping badly. She is in overall good condition, though, and is super-friendly, and good to handle. Apparently the neighbourhood kids have ridden her, so we will see how that goes.

She's just a bit bigger than my other donk, but the same colour; white. (okay, I know, it's technically grey, lol). He was amazed to meet another donkey, and when she brayed, he was beside himself. She's getting used to everyone well, and we are hoping to be able to build a run-in asap, as finances permit, for Bunny.

My farrier is booked to come Sunday, and I am so excited to be getting to know and helping this wonderful gal!

I'm sure this is boring, lol, I just wanted to share on a friendly board :)
Back to top Go down
TripleCRanch

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 pm

LoL, and where are the pictures?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:47 pm

that is wonderful news.. can't wait for pics
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 pm

You know we are donkey fans!!!! Glad Bunny has found you!!! Will be looking forward to pics and updates!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Twilight

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:14 pm

I'll try to get pics asap. I'm inside right now, because my husband is trying to rig up a stall for her, given the forecast for impending SNOW!!!! I have a four year old son, so can't be out helping poor, longsuffering Dave.

Still, supper is cooked, socks are washed, and the fire is going. And Bunny will be safe and warm for the night.

She has got out of their fences a few times, was out for three days straight one time. So far, she is happily staying in ours, but, then, we were already donkey-proofed, and keep the electricity on in our fence at all times.
Back to top Go down
TripleCRanch

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 pm

YOu have GOT to be kidding! SNow???
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:07 am

oh boy, I really cant wait to see pix.......GOOD FOR YOU........for rescuing her......my Shaemus was beside himself too when I finally let him play with Snickers and not just Sam.......even without a bray he was thrilled to have someone to munch with him............WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:30 am

Can't wait to see pics!
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:04 am

My farrier is coming tomorrow, so I'll try to get some before and after ahots, as well as just general Bunny pics.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:41 pm

No pics, but I'm happy to report that Bunny is now a lot more comfortable. We will keep trimming her feet every four weeks or so, and hopefully things will continue to improve. The two donkeys are now super-friendly, and hated to be separated for their trims, wanting to keep each other in sight, and snuffle through the mesh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Donkey delights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey delights   Donkey delights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donkey delights
Page 1 of 1