Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down under horsemanship?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Becca

Becca

Down under horsemanship? Empty
PostSubject: Down under horsemanship?   Down under horsemanship? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Just wondering if anyone on the board follows Clinton Anderson's Down Under Horsemanship method?

I used to study Parelli (had the new level 1 & 2 set, and Savvy Club Membership) but just couldn't stick with it. Found him to be way too much talking and well, boring listening to him. Especially after watching Road To The Horse this year. (Sorry Parelli I just don't have the patience :p )
I Started playing around with DUH last year when I met Cowboy as he was started doing the groundwork part of Clinton's Method.. This year one of the girl's at the barn got the Green and Blue box and I ordered a halter, lead rope, metcate reins, and slobber straps and we started on the Green box. I like the method because it's VERY dummy proof and step by step, and gives allot of different scenerios on 'if your horse doesn't do this, do this, if he does this do this' type problem solving to the kits. I am really enjoying it and I think Cowboy is too. :)
Back to top Go down
Tango

Down under horsemanship? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down under horsemanship?   Down under horsemanship? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:44 am

As a complete novice to training I really love his book - I just have the one. I want to have a look at Training on the Trail, but have only seen it on line - it would be a great Christmas gift for a girl I know lol. What I like is his ability to explain the correct way to do things, and when an excersize isn't going right he has the answers there for both horse and handler.

Back to top Go down

Down under horsemanship?
Page 1 of 1