Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

almost falling over-eeek!

Go down 
+11
Hanover
rude
Becca
Wil-If-I-Want
threehorses
Bay-Lee
Ellie*Mae
oldladynewhorse
shelly
Deborah
mackdragon
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mackdragon

almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: almost falling over-eeek!   almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 pm

And of course he doesn't show any signs when the vet is around- Changed out his saddle, there was some tightness in his shoulders-figures he'd outgrow the most comfy saddle ever-good thng I didn't sell his roper-he grew into it-and holy quick sale-took it off and said its too small and poof! sold
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: almost falling over-eeek!   almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 pm

It sure sounds as though your have been left with more questions than answers from your vet. It must be so frustrating for you. Did he even take a blood sample or anything??? I do know that PSSM can be sometimes detected in bloodwork. I think it would be wonderful if this is something he will outgrow but you are left wondering and worrying in the meantime and, of course, your confidence and safety are both being tested if you riding and it happens under saddle. Just a suggestion....if you can't get your vet to act on your inquiries...you could have his hair samples tested at an accreditted lab. Their rates are very reasonable and they are prompt in getting the results to you , as well. We have used them for color testing but they also do genetic testing.

http://www.animalgenetics.us/Equine.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
mackdragon

PostSubject: Re: almost falling over-eeek!   almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:08 pm

He did nothing but feel his chest and girth area-watch him walk/trot. But that lab thing is very interesting and I find quite cheap. I think my vet is sick of me, in the last year he must have been out at least 6-8 times for various things not including the reg vacs lol and that is just for my guy.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: almost falling over-eeek!   almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

The test are really easy...just print the appropriate form for the tests off of the website and attach a few strains of hair with roots attached and mail it. They send you the results via email and also a wriiten report. I think the rates are good as well and the results might give you peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
mackdragon

PostSubject: Re: almost falling over-eeek!   almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I think I just might do that :) Took a lesson on him tonight wth a different saddle (his other was getting tight-dang growng horse, I loved that saddle) BO said he was moving better than he he ever has and no falling, not even a trip, which he's been prone too and for once he moved with energy-not hot or anything, just more like willing-maybe it was his saddle the whole time?
Back to top Go down
Hanover

Hanover

PostSubject: Re: almost falling over-eeek!   almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Just looking over some past posts and wondering how your guy is doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: almost falling over-eeek!   almost falling over-eeek! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

almost falling over-eeek!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Keeping and Caring for Horses :: Around the Barn- general horse discussions-
Jump to: