Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lessons! :) :)

Go down 
+3
willowsfriend
oldladynewhorse
imarowdyrebel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

lessons! :) :) Empty
PostSubject: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 pm

So excited I am starting to lessons again! It's been a long time since I have, and alot of pounds ago....... I am hoping to have fun and get rid of a couple bad habits (like dropping my shoulder when I ride) I am stoked! I had to share, my non horse friends just don't understand :) I would like to learn more showmanship stuff too since I am seriously thinking about showing my weanling next year and I need some help with teaching him the right way.....
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 am

I would love to start taking lessons again. It's been a long time and many pounds for me also. I 'm planning on taking a couple of clinics this year but would love to have weekly or biweekly lessons. I have a young horse that I started myself and I know that I have gone back to some old habits like looking down. Good luck and have a great time with yours!!! Let us know how you are doing!!!
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 am

thanks I plan on having fun, one of my good friends is already riding there so we should have fun together! And I also have a few bad habits to get rid of :S I am mostly a trail rider who would love to dabble in reining onoe day.... I also love trail and showmanship at the shows when I was a kid so I would like to give that another try we shall see :)
Back to top Go down
willowsfriend

willowsfriend

PostSubject: yay for you!   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Looking forward to hearing how much fun you'll be having! and good for you for knowing what "bad habits" you have - I haven't a clue yet! Hoping for lessons, maybe in the Spring...
It's so much fun, this horse-itis, happy for your excitement!
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:33 pm

thanks! I was kind of getting in a slump, I was getting bored, then we bought a couple more horses, 1 for my daughter and she came with a colt and she is pregnant so I have been into going to the barn more, my daughter wants to ride more so it's giving me some incentive to get back into it! I love trail riding but I get bored of the same old trails, and nobody to ride with except my daughter..... sometimes you just want to go with a couple friends and not have to babysit or worry. It's been awhile sinve I have done that. I need to buy another trailer, I sold mine a while ago after I stopped doing pony rides thinking I didn't need it anymore. I guess I was wrong :P Lessons with a couple women should be a blast!
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:36 am

Yay for you! very exciting news.

I too am on a very similar page! I am an avid trail rider.. and have not done a lot of ring work in a few years.. I think my horse was going her best in 2008... time to get back in shape I think!

I've made arrangements with Finders Keepers to rent our neighbours arena. I have an ad on kijiji right now and the response has been phenominal.. I had someone lined up to teach but for some reason something wasn't settling with me... her responses were vague and it made me question her ability to instruct. Some responses are from show people, others from you average jane with X number of horsey years under their belt. At this point and time we are looking for someone fun, energetic, and someone who doesn't intimidate us. I think we've found the perfect person for the job and she is going to come out Sunday to give us a go!

SO so soo excited. I have no drive when I'm riding alone... the goals are there but I just have difficulty staying on track. Finders Keepers has never taken lessons before in her life so she's quite nervous but excited at the same time. I am determined to get my horse in shape, ride all winter, start the trails when they open up BUT keep the ring work up, and then ultimately I'd like to do an endurance ride, as well as start the polocrosse team up and get others interested!!!! Sorry to steal your post, I'm just SO happy about my horse life this morning!

I hope that you enjoy yourself, and keep us updated!!!!
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:14 pm

I am glad you found a coach WIIW! I am lucky to be riding under a fantastic coach who is well known around here! Hopefully this will give me the bumb I need to start some new things with my babies :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:22 am

good for you kiddo......who did you decide to take lessons from????
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 am

Mona :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 am

Perfect Choice for you!!!!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 pm

I had a blast, me and 2 other ladies! I rode a horse that is completely different them mine. She is western pleasure and I ride a Stbd and I don't ride other horses very often. It felt good to ride another type of horse, I can't wait to go back!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Yahoo!! Glad you had a great time.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 am

Good for you! I am trying to sneak in a lesson or two from Mona a month myself. I take a friend's daughter to lessons now and there is an opening in her class. Till a permanent rider takes the spot I will be trying to fill it. Love riding with Mona, haven't been able to in many years and I miss it. Just sitting there week after week freezing to death listening and watching her lessons gives me better insight.
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:52 am

yes she is an excellent teacher! She explains things so well! My daughter rides there on the weekend and I got the itch to go back myself and luckily a spoy opened up! :) Fierre how is the new mare settling in?
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Lucky to get a spot! I think Mo is teaching more lessons now than she ever did, poor gal is nonstop. I wish I could afford to ride with her full time, but I digress!

The new mare is great! She settled in within minutes, bonded with my gelding right away (much to his dismay lol). Took her about a month to get used to me handling her, sort of aloof on the ground but I don't blame her. But she is so calm and willing, wish I had an indoor arena so I can get more rides in. So hard with the crappy footing we've had this year. Think I've maybe ridden her a dozen and a half times since October. Can't beat her though, took her in the x-mas parade in NW, had to ride her there through the woods, after dark with lights all over her and then park her in front of a marching band. First time ever being ridden outside of a fence, she did not bat an eye.
Back to top Go down
Becca

Becca

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Jealous that your doing lessons with Mona! I tried to get her down here for a clinic but there isn't enough interest :( hoping to stop into her place when I drive across this summer!
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Ya I really like her and her teaching methods I am going to learn a lot, We are lucky to have her in our backyard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lessons! :) :)   lessons! :) :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lessons! :) :)
Page 1 of 1