Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gunnar and dogs.

Go down 
+5
naughty by nature
just joan
D-Cutch
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Wissy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Here's the thing, Gunnar is just down right nasty when it comes to dogs.. you would think he's a sweet calm horse by looking at him and handling him he's a gem.. but when he sees a dog he is not very nice at all.. Firebug has a sweet Aussie and her own horse loves him, Amos grooms this pup (1 Yr old) and nuzzles him and the pup actually will lay down right in front of Amos and Amos will pin his ears at Gunnar if he comes to close.. so why is Gunnar's pasture mate so maternal towards the pup and Gunnar is like a hit man??? Wondering if there was anything I could do to change his mind about the dog.. Funny is likes the cat !
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:35 pm

My Canadians hate dogs too, especially Benjamin. He's good with the goat though...and chickens. Beauty is good with dogs in the pasture but if one comes at her on a trail ride my Dad taught her to go after it, and she gets her evil look on which actually works quite well at detering them.

No words of advice other then to keep the dogs away from him :)

:cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:52 pm

I'll send you Sophie for a week :D

We had a horse here that absolutely detested dogs - would swing at them and even grab Sophie by the ear and attempted to lift her up...she'd yelp and take off like her tail was on fire...

She was relentless though... LOL she is just so kind and thinks everything should be her friend and eventually she did wear him down. He'll nuzzle her now :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 pm

ummm not sure I want to take that chance with this pup.. Gunnar is really really mean, he already kick him, so now the pup is afraid of him, not of Amos.. just Gunnar.. he comes flying with his front feet to try and hurt the dog.. bugger.. hopefully the pup will either stay out of the paddock, he does keep an eye out for Gunnar when he is in there.. but someday I'm afraid the pup won't be paying attention and Gunnar will have him.. hope not.. he usually isn't around the horses without his owner so that's a good thing.. my bad pony!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:30 pm

that little shit head of mine Buck thought he was also going to be a hitman on Sam.....so sonce you were last here......I take Sam in the pen with me and if Buck even thinks about looking in the pups direction I smuck him with the shedding blade..........it doesnt really hurt, just makes a good noise and I can groom him at the same time......makes it a multifunctional tool!!!!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 pm

haha ok.. so I tell Gunnar frig off the dog and swat him with the shedding blade.. ummm sounds like a plan to me! :lol:
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Target was the same way with my dog i think he was jealous. He still doesn't like dogs that bark at him ect but he's pretty good with zuse.

Maybe he's just worried the dog with steal your love lol.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 pm

haha NbyN.. you maybe on to something, maybe he's jealous.. ummm I'll have to ask him about that .. he's such a baby :roll:
Back to top Go down
~TC~

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 am

Red use to try to eat dogs, but I think it was because he grew up with my Aussie who was a pest to the horses... (As many herding dogs are)... and since red was always looking for something to do, pestering back was entertainment for him... It was somewhat justified , however dangerous. I am not sure how to get the horses over that... maybe some sort of round pen work on a line, introducing the dog and communicating to the horse that there is no need to be so hostile? Not sure...
:?:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:16 am

normally I wouldn't care, but I don't want the pup hurt .. I'm thinking he knows now to stay clear of Gunnar and pretty much stays outside the fence unless we are in there, and he quicky exits if we yell get out to him.. Hopefully the will learn to get along.. Amos sure shows Gunnar it's ok to like the dog.. he's constantly grooming him every chance he gets.. it's almost weird.. like he's a mare and the pup is a her foal..
Back to top Go down
Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:11 pm

I think at the breeder there was a dog who used to chase the horses and torment them.
Possibly Gunnar has it in his head that all dogs are like this so he makes sure they don't get the chance? lol
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:13 am

Gunnar has gotten better with dogs. In hand anyway. I don't trust any of them
when they are out loose. Even the best horse just wants to play and can be a
touch rough.
Back to top Go down
crippledcowgirl

crippledcowgirl

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Poor Gunner doesn't know what he's missing!! My dog plays great with the horses. They all have so much fun together, playing ball, hide and seek and chase me charlie. Sounds like I lucked out to have such gentle beasties when it comes to doggies. Tell Gunner to suck it up and make friends lol :greatdane.gif:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:32 pm

CC.. nice to see you here... yay .. missed ya
I have to tell you Gunnar is warming up to some puppers.. not all but some he likes.. I guess he's just choosey who he picks for friends.. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gunnar and dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnar and dogs.   Gunnar and dogs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunnar and dogs.
Page 1 of 1