Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do you suggest?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

what do you suggest? Empty
PostSubject: what do you suggest?   what do you suggest? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:10 am

Hi guys, we are thinking about getting a dog, it's been 2 yrs since our rotti passed away...... What breeds do you guys suggest for a good dog with A) children, B) Horses C) good recall D) enough energy for trail riding, but is able to chill in the house too....E) low maintenance coat..... I would love to get another rotti but my son needs to ba able to walk this dog and he is only 46lbs at 8.5yrs old...... so I guess it needs to be a medium size I am not a fan of sm yappy dogs..... ahhh decisions......
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: what do you suggest?   what do you suggest? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:14 pm

My sister has a cockapoo...the father was a standard size poodle...love that dog, low maintenance coat, lots of energy, med size - small enough that your child can handle - but not the yappy little dog, smart, when with humans very lovable. I keep telling her I'd take him. Haven't introduce him to the horses, but he gets along well with my dog, and cats.

My dog is a Shep/husky, awesome dog, prefect for the family but doesn't work with your low coat maintenance :-)
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: what do you suggest?   what do you suggest? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Last Oct I got a cockapoo. LOVE HIM! He is low maintenance and doesn't shed. He's fantastic with the kids and would rather be with them than anyone else. We have 2 acres andhe is able to be outside without being tied - he stays on the property. He is NOW educated about horses. When he was 3 months old he got stepped on and then at about 9 months had another close call. He now knows to stay out of the paddocks and away from the horses. If we are riding in the ring and he tries to come in I just say "out" and he goes back to the other side of the fence and just lays down. He also listens when my 10 yr old daughter tells him. He has lots of energy but once we come into the house he heads straight to the couch. I'd highly recommend this cross.
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: what do you suggest?   what do you suggest? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 pm

We got a lab terrier mix he is approx 25 lbs and is around 1 yr old. My friend had him and asked me if I knew anyone looking for a dog (she rescued him from being thrown over the warf) and we decided to go and meet him, we have now had him 2 months and he has fit in great so far :) Even with all the kaos right now...We ended up buying another house with 9 acres of land lots of trees to clear and eventually a barn to build :)
Back to top Go down
Tango

PostSubject: Re: what do you suggest?   what do you suggest? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am

We have a lab border collie cross. Not sure what to say about that lol. Doesn't retrieve, doesn't herd, will chase cats, travels but comes back (only 'cause our neighbour dumps in the woods after butchering otherwise she never goes anywhere), scared of the horses but insists on doing chores with us, hides behind us when the horses come over, but will lay "in the shade" of the horse when we take a break on trial rides. LOVES the kids and any kids that come in, but can by shy with adults. Very smart but hard to train. Has developed a skin condition, maybe allergic, but fairly low maintenance coat. OK I don't recommend this cross but she is very cute, a nice size and has a TON of personality lol! Good luck finding a new buddy :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you suggest?   what do you suggest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do you suggest?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bert's Diner -for everyday conversations around the coffee pot.-
Jump to: