Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off

Go down 
+5
Tammy
Wissy
Loves Color
~TC~
D-Cutch
9 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:28 pm

I have been asked three times in the last 2 days if horses I've shown are drugged...

BLAHHH I don't even know what the heck I'd give them to drug them? I know absolutely nothing about that stuff... You know that question doesn't even cross my mind when I look at other people's horses maybe I should start asking...are there really that many people who sedate their horses to sell them?

Very very frustrating... things like this really upset me because we put alot of work into our animals and for people to think they're behaving well because they're under the influence of something is just a really really horrible feeling. It feels like being kicked in the gut... after working so hard to have a good/well mannered/well behaved animal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:41 pm

It is the conartists that ruin it for everyone else...
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Try not to take it personally, instead take it as a compliment. Your horses are that good that they must by on drugs.

:cowboyani.gif:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:15 pm

D.. I agree with TC and Loves color... the cons out there make it hard for the honest people.. we don't know who to trust.. you know that yourself by taking in horses to train and being told they are fine, oh yeah.. you know how fine they aren't first hand.. and asking if your horses are drugged .. hahaha.. yes I say a compliment.. you just say "I don't need to drug my horses to sell them, they sell themselves!"
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:33 pm

I'd say the ones who are making these comments are not very educated in what makes a well trained horse and what doesn't. Try to let it roll of your back like a duck does water and as the girls say, take it as a compliment. It IS really hard to find a well trained horse ... and when someone sees one they truly think that it's unbelievable. What a backwards world we live in.
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:26 pm

ditto what Tammy said! and one of these for good measure :devil5.gif:
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Jealous people act in strange ways....I have seen way to much of this in my years...

I can't tell you how many times we were called at shows to measure Century...She was 14.1hh yet show after show it was challenged....She was even measured by an Equine Canada official and a vet yet people still questioned it....

ALL BOILS DOWN TO JEALOUSY

You go girl....Don't let their pea brains get you down...Your hard work is paying off and you deserve every placing you ever get...
Back to top Go down
morgansRgreat

morgansRgreat

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:23 am

I would try not to take it personally. Jealous or not the world we live in today seems to have a whole lot of bad apples spoiling it for the good guys. These people may be truly "amazed" to see a well trained horse going without drugs - sad thought. Hopefully, you educated them that it doesn't have to be that way. Don't feel bad - feel proud your horses can show without any "help".
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:47 am

Yes, of course we drug them......for about three to four months before we think about selling them. We add a pinch of patience, a dash of respect, a gallon or two of willigness, couple of bottles of trust, truck loads of good honest work ethic, throw in some good feed, feet work, along with a smattering of love........thats the drugs you use.......I would print something like this somewhere on your business card and if some asshole asks what drugs you use, hand him one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:18 am

oh Joan that was so good.. hahaha I enjoyed reading that.. so true..
D.. hope we made you feel better..
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:40 am

Thanks guys :) You did make me feel alot better - it has just been a big blow to me when I wasn't at all expecting it.

I was actually picking apart in my head all the things the horses did poorly that I needed to work on as these questions were coming at me...

I can't wait until Glenn is back showing the horses because I'm just too much of a softy to handle it all. I love all the critters whether they're here for a long or short while and I expect good behaviour from them all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off   Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perfect Example of Hard Work NOT Paying Off
Page 1 of 1