Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not fitting in with herd

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Walk On

Walk On

Not fitting in with herd Empty
PostSubject: Not fitting in with herd   Not fitting in with herd Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Well my girls have been at their summer home for two weeks now and my mare is still a outsider and being chased!She is with one gelding and three other mares,it's mostly one mare that chases her the rest ignore her.How long does it take for everybody to settle in? I feel bad for her she has bites on her bum and back and is always standing in a corner watching the others.All she wants is to come inside to her stall,she seems exhausted.Pony is making out better but when they chase my mare she takes off after her (yelling don't leave me behind I'm sure)I don't think it would be possible to separate them.Guess I will just hang in there it's hard to see your baby bullied :sad-smiley-044 !
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Not fitting in with herd   Not fitting in with herd Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:28 pm

oh I am so sorry!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Not fitting in with herd   Not fitting in with herd Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:37 pm

It can take anywhere from six months to a year for the big 'fights' to finish, but horses are always going to challenge for a different spot in the herd, or display their dominance. Just give it more time, it will get better, as long as the mare that is being picked on has lots of room to escape she should be fine. They will figure out their order soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Walk On

Walk On

PostSubject: Re: Not fitting in with herd   Not fitting in with herd Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Just like a horse to make a liar out of you :roll: Tonight they were all standing together like best friends!They got upset when I took her away for a ride.Horses :scratch:
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Not fitting in with herd   Not fitting in with herd Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:06 am

Its been a year at my barn since C4B brought her mare Bella over...and right away Bailey and her teamed up and beat up on Abbey..........drove me insane......then Buck arrived.......took the pressure off of Abbey, then Bailey is biting the hell out of Buck..........again driving me nuts.......Bailey would even come through the fence at Buck........and then other days the boys are playing and the girls standing together.......I dont get it either somedays....
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: Not fitting in with herd   Not fitting in with herd Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:34 am

Sometimes, I think it is harder on us than the horses. Usually, they will work
it out, although I have seen exceptions to that rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not fitting in with herd   Not fitting in with herd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not fitting in with herd
Page 1 of 1