Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch   Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:06 am

OK ladies (and Whammy), it's time to put the domestic shit aside for a bit and post the friggin' pictures from my lesson. My neighbour and best friend Fronie has taken up the sport and had her first lesson. She is a real character (fashion diva is an under statement) and went through 2 wardrobe changes BEFORE she even got on. The weather was beautiful on lesson day. Katrina (my coach) came up to do her farrier job on Stretch and Thunder while the rest of us girls sat outside the barn on lawnchairs and enjoyed the sun.

Fronie and Katrina

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Fronieandhercoach

Fronie is also the queen of bling so she had to put one of her bracelets in Jasper's forelock.

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Jaspersnewdoo

Getting ready for the ride. This is usually where Stretch has a little snooze. I had to get a new off billet and latigo for the used saddle that I bought and it's still pretty stiff so it takes awhile to get it snugged up.

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Areyadoneyet

Getting Warmed up.

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch IMG_1188

Here are just a bunch taken during the lesson. We had alot of laughs - I think I dribbled in my pants a few times. Fronie was priceless. Her biggest accomplishment was getting Jasper to move forward and then steer a bit. My biggest accomplishment was convincing Stretch that he COULD lope more than 3 circles in a row (lazy old cat!).

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch IMG_1223

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch IMG_1218

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch IMG_1213-1

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch IMG_1232

Then Katrina realized that I hadn't a clue how to neck rein or steer western style. I'm only a recent convert you see. So she taught me.

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Katrinaandherimaginaryhorse

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch IMG_1239

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Thecowgirls

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Waitingmyturn

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Whattheheckareyadoing

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch IMG_1213

Katrina trying to explain to Fronie what "straight" meant!

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Gostraight

Jasper got a little bored!

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Boredjasper

And the latest in western wear ...

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Nicebit

Yesterday we trailered down to Katrina's for another lesson. I have pictures from then too but have to post them on photobucket first and then over to here (can you see where this is going?). The maiden voyage of the Stretch Limo went great! Both of the boys just walked right on like they'd been doing it all their lives. I am totally in love with having the tack room up front. We stuck in the tack, lawn chairs, cooler, and pretty much everything else we could think of. And STILL lots of room.

Gord had his first lesson on Stretch. Kayla took Thunder so I was helping her while Fronie and Gord started their lesson. Katrina's ring is absolutely beautiful. Her father owns the sand and gravel pit so she has an endless supply of sand. It's sooooo soft - just like a beach on some tropical island (NO, Newfoundland is NOT tropical!). So Kayla and I were walking around the ring and the next time I looked at Gord, Stretch was going down onto his knees. I thought the friggin' horse way dying. And there's the Lord sitting on top of him, calm as can be. When Stretch started to roll over the Lord calmly took his feet out of the stirrups and hopped off. Stretch wasn't dying after all, he had just decided that he couldn't resist the sand and just HAD to roll. OH ME NERVES !!!!!!!!!! When Stretch got up he looked more like an appaloosa than a QH because of the sand sticking to him. And THAT'S when Katrina decided to mention that most of the horses try to roll the first time they come to her ring because of the sand. Like ... THANKS FOR THE INFO !!!!!!!!!!!! Once we confirmed that Stretch wasn't dead and the Lord was unshaken, we did some laughing. Then Kayla pipes up and says, "Dad, it's your first lesson - you shouldn't be trying to do tricks!". I think I wet my pants when she said that.

The rest of the day was uneventful. Mind you, it'd be hard to beat that. After Fronie and Gord rode then it was my turn. I am learning how to sidepass on Stretch so that we can do some trail classes. We didn't have a log so used some PVC pipe. I must say that Stretch doesn't have to worry about straining any muscles when lifting his hooves, that's for sure. We managed to crack the pipe once and the other times we just sort of took some of the finish off. It was great! Our biggest challenge is that he's so sensitive to commands that he does what my aids as him to do - which is usually very different from what I actually want to happen.

I'll try to get some more pictures up this week.

And BTW, it's official. The Lord has now been bitten by the riding bug. He spent hours on line last night looking for cowboy boots. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch   Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:09 am

Great pics Tammy.. I love the new western ware.. hhehe.. and also becareful off your horse rolling with your saddle on.. good way to bust the tree.. I had that happen once.. bad horsey.. loved the sawdust pile, with me on.. geesh..
Can't wait to see the other pics.. and Lord Gord.. oh my.. bitten by the horse fly.. ohh Tammy.. becareful what you wish for.. hehehehe
Kayla is quick on the draw with her comments.. too cute.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch   Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:34 am

HAHAHAHAHA............so he's now a trick riding junky........wooooo hooooooo....men, what show offs...........figures.............but real glad he has decided to play with the girls......I love your buddy and coach.......wish I could have been there with you in the SAND..........many PINA COLADAS too you all........great pix. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch   Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Looking good!!! You'll get the hang of the whole western thing in no time ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch   Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally ... My Lesson with Stretch
Page 1 of 1