Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The things we do for our horses *update*

Go down 
+2
Wissy
SexyDexy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

The things we do for our horses *update* Empty
PostSubject: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 am

I feel so guilty going inside every night and leaving my boys out to be eaten to death by bugs that I bought them a present.

The things we do for our horses *update* SkeeterVAc

I have never seen mosquitoes like there are at my house and I used to live next to a large, stagnent, pond. The run in "hums" at night because there are so many in there. Poor Hubba was covered in welts last week because I think it was such a big shock to his system, plus his skin/hair is in horrible condition to begin with.

Does anyone else have one of these? I read all kinds of internet reviews and scientific studies in journals about their effectivness. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll notice a difference.

Last edited by SexyDexy on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:55 am

a friend of mine has one in Rawdon and she swears by it.. so good luck.. let me know if you see a difference..
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Please let us know now it works? Will it help with the horse flies? They are my biggest problem.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 pm

I know TC had one of these, I want one also to put between my barn and riding ring.. God I hate those bugs....
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:36 pm

I remember the pictures TC posted a long time ago showing the mosquitos in the barn window. That's what my place is like. If I could capture the noise in the barn it would make your skin crawl.

Quote :
Will it help with the horse flies?

It has 4 different ways to attract and catch different species of mosquitos.
1- CO2 and heat from the propane burning
2- Red, blue and green LED lights that look like a disco ball going at night The things we do for our horses *update* 338415
3- Octenol (supposed to smell like cow's breath) attractant
4- a big ass sticky trap that "uses an exclusive contrast pattern to help direct flight paths into the vacuum trap"

There are already some other "bugs" stuck to the sticky trap so I would think that if the horseflies go near it they will get caught too. I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm

IT SURE DOES LOOK PURDY...........WHAT DO THE HORSES THINK OF IT???/// I'm sure you will notice a difference in no time..............how much, and where did you get yours????/
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:27 pm

It was on sale for "gulp" $400 :affraid: at Crappy Tire this past week. The reviews of the older models are mixed but this is a new model that has had the "issues" addressed in it's design.

The horses are terrified of it. They gave it a very wide berth while making their way to the barn last night. God knows what they thought of it after dark when it was doing it's spaceship/disco ball impersonation
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Cinderelly......we need pix of the Mother ship landing at night for gods sake......that would be too cool.......and can it be used as a BBQ when its not doing mosquito duty??????? just kidding........I figure they are well worth the money especially since your bugs are the size of bald eagles.!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Now, Joan, it says right in the manual that it is not to be used to cook food! Seriously, it says that The things we do for our horses *update* 45324 It would take, like 2 hours, to roast a wiener I imagine. People are strange.

About the horseflies, there were 6 plus a big deerfly stuck to it when I got home. I'm eager to see what it catches tonight when the wind dies down. It was windy and cold all last night.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:22 pm

It will be interesting to see how it works, then we can all move in with you.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:40 pm

Business is starting to pick up at the ole' mosquito exterminator lol!

These past couple nights have been warm with no wind so I think they finally found the thing. There are enough in there that I can't open the tray to check because they will escape. It takes a day or so before they "dehydrate" :affraid: and die. As a bonus, the thing is ruthless on horseflies and deerflies The things we do for our horses *update* 573748 I've got quite a collection of the little grimy buggers struggling to get free (god I'm cruel :devil5.gif: ) Oh well, they are cruel to the horses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The things we do for our horses *update*   The things we do for our horses *update* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The things we do for our horses *update*
Page 1 of 1