Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2

Go down 
+3
imarowdyrebel
lb-ranch
just joan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Empty
PostSubject: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:15 am

The original plan was to get up early, take them out for a walk, let them eat a little grass, then saddle up and go in the ring and get them used to it.......its pretty dark in there and we have never been in before. It goes pretty well and we figure we should get dressed and be ready. We only have one good show halter between us so we need a tack change as our classes are back to back but it should only take a minute to switch halters especially since we are going to have some help. Well in theory it was a great plan. The holes are new to make the halter fit better and they are stiff.......no help arrives and they are calling me in......so the halter is sitting sideways on his head as I'm going in the door........wooooo hooooo now we are going....I'm running like a lunatic when the Judge says........WHERE ARE YOU GOING?? ......Its a Halter class.......You see I had waited at the end of the ring and thought she might give me a sign or something to start.......well when I didnt get a nod or anything I thought I was wasting more time so Jogged up to her.....I guess she thought I planned on running her over or something........anyway, we slow to a walk, and then jog past her into line...........grand entrance....hahaha........at least Buck looks like a million bucks(pardon the pun)......anyway he is having so much fun.....his penis is out and swinging, he's licking my hands and trying for my face..he's taken my hat off twice and I'm moving from side to side like a MARIONETTE being moved by a schitophrenic demon to pretend I know what the hell I'm doing. Much to my surprise, our name is called and we get a 6th place ribbon........I have no idea how many is in the class,,,,,,,,,and so it ends.......its now 11 ish and we have hours and hours to wait before barrels start after supper............we are tired sore and cranky and need to chill in between taking the horses out of their cells for a break........our guys are not stalled at home, and they are not very comfortable being shut in like this.......quite evident by the gnawing of the walls, and the kicking and screaming.......Carol has conviced herself she does not want to take Bella in any classes on Sunday, so now all we are waiting around for is for the games....... I had entered Buck in trail and beginners walk trot for sunday but those were all only to get them used to being around other horses in the ring.
Ed comes up for a little moral support, but the show is running pretty late and we dont even know when its going to stop for supper........so after a little, he decides to go back home...........just as we are going to take Bella and Buck for another stroll we hear folks saying that they have changed their minds and we are now not stopping for supper and going straight into the games............GREAT..... ok, we get Buck saddled up and Bella is none too pleased we are going without her..I get up and into the warm up ring, everybody is running and loping, and spinning and doing what they do to get their ponies ready, Buck is joining in on the fun, tossing his head, bucking, trying to stand up, screaming to Bella, going in circles, I was laughing and having a good time for approximately 6, 7 minutes then he started to get serious about giving me a hard time........I dont think a warm up ring with other folks in it is the appropriate place for schooling especially since I dont feel equiped enough to do it without causing someone else harm. so we scratch......and I enlist the aid of some of the girls for after the runs to help me in the arena. I didnt want to quit without even having tried........so the girls get on and check him out........his saddle keeps slipping back so we need a breastcollar....ok, good, and they figure he is really fast......oh boy......but not nasty, just needs to be schooled.......ok, I get on him and for the first time I get to lope him and we do some pretend barrels and running for home and I am thrilled........I had felt so terrible about not going in, all the little kids that I normally cheer on were so looking forward to me riding and wanted to cheer for me that I felt I let them down as well as myself...........but I'm over it now........we spent a much better night in the company of our friend Verna and her wonderful trailer......I had my clothes off and under the covers before she even finished saying we were welcome to stay..........you should have seen the look on their faces............and I'm not really completely sure, I could have been in a stupor by this time, but I think a tall silver haired guy who is quite funny and loves life came in the trailer and layed on top of me like he was marking his territory or something.........I dont know, could just have been a delusion........we got up sunday morning, saddled and rode in the ring to see if we were going to stay and do the other classes........Bella was still giving carol and hard time, so we decided just to pack up and go...............
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:02 am

Joan you should write a book, very entertaining read, wish I could have been there for the "movie" version.
love the pics in your other post. :)
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 am

That was nice of Verna to give you a place to sleep she has a nice trailer. I was hoping to get out to watch the show this weekend but my car broke down yet again. When is the next CBRW show? Hope you have better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:44 am

haha.. omg I wish I could have been there.. Buck sounds like he was having fun.. beats hanging around the barn all day.. he would have done well in the barrels I think.. next time.. you will do it.. and have fun .. should take a tent though with a blow up mattress.. at least you can crawl in the tent with sleeping bad and pillow and rest..
Looking forward to seeing the boy at Greenwood..
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:31 pm

You are quite the story teller!

I have to say I was anxiously awaiting your version of the show!

On the bright side now you know what to expect and can deal with it accordingly. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:04 pm

D-Cutch - exactly! Just have to re-adjust the goal a little bit, girls!! You'll be smokin' by the end of the summer!!!!!
Good job on ya though - more guts then I will ever have!!!! Both of you girls look fantastic, and you can certainly tell a great story!!!
Of course your adventure makes a good story!
Just think how BORED the rest of us would have been reading this if it had all gone smoothly (just kidding!!!) lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:39 pm

We were just glad to see you there... show don't show.... come cheer and hang out A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 757770
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2   A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER PART 2
Page 1 of 1