Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My poor girl!

Go down 
+3
Tammy
Wissy
Ellie*Mae
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Dolly is 3 legged lame - she was fine 2 hours ago when I got home......when I went to get them to feed - she whinnied at me but couldn't walk We got her to the barn, but she is lifting her right hind....my poor girl....just waiting on the vet - I love emerg calls -
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:45 pm

oh my Dolly.. lets just hope it's nothing to serious.. keep us informed... and fingers crossed she's ok..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:28 pm

keep us updated. I can't imagine being able to just call the vet and have them come out. You're lucky in that respect.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Fingers crossed for her, keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 pm

Dolly has an abcess in her right hind. I am beat - *note to self *- when necessity calls - not the best time to train your horse to stand in a bucket of water!!! After the 2nd or third attempt she took it like a pro - now she has Uptite on, a feed-bag-corner boot, and is back out trying to figure out walking with the new footwear - she looks like a Hackney - the abcess hasn't blown yet, the vet didn't want to dig too deep, but we could just see it....at least its not a stifle, or her back - I ALWAYS have to think the worst! She still is hesitant putting her full weight on it, but thats ok - the feed bag might be slippy if it rains! She has a bit of swelling in the fetlock, but no heat, so the vet is confident its an abcess - seems to be a lot of those this year! Thanks for vibing guys - worked as always!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Phew, that's better news than it could have been. Weird that she turned up so lame so quickly though. Poor girl, she must be miserable.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm

ooooh .. abscess .. yuck nasty things they are.. you'll need lots of duck tape and feed bags.. there is something we used to make a poultice.. it's banidine and sugar.. ? pack it in the hoof and wrap it in the feed bag the tape it up.. something like that.. maybe ask around.. might be something better ..
Anyhoo.. I sure hope it blows and she starts feeling better..
Back to top Go down
barnmom

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:58 pm

The best thing i have found for an abscess is hot and cold, It makes the abscess break quite fast.
Just soak the foot in epsome salts and very warm water and then the same but cold water do this about every 2 hours and you would be suprised how quickly it breaks.
I have had this happen 2 or 3 times and it always worked for me.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:13 am

Yes, I like epsom salts and a bucket........but hopefully it wont be long till she is good.............you should think about a Medicine boot for occaasions such as this...way better than feed bags and duct tape..........but we all know what HIND SIGHT is...........and they are not expensive. hope you both are feeling a little better today. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:05 am

poor girl. Hopefully it'll blow soon and give her some relief.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Tammy - we are very spoiled on PEI in regards to availability of horse vets - there are 3 clinics within a 20 mile radius of me - and I'm in the country!! And the gov. subsidizes the farm calls because horses are livestock...she is marginally better today, I'll soak it again tonight, and I have to call a friend about her extra hoof boot....great idea!!! Barnmom - if its not better by tomorrow I'll try soaking it more frequently - and if no better over the weekend the vet will come back....Thanks for all the vibes guys
Back to top Go down
barnmom

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:47 pm

So hope she feels better soon Ellie, An abscess is so painfull and once it blows out it is such a relief to them. I have seen horses go from dead lame and could hardly walk .. To absolutly sound 2 seconds after it broke.
Good luck, Healing vibes your way!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Update - finally got a chance to speak to Mike, my farrier, he says he saw where the abcess came through on the sole, saw nothing else to worry about though, which was good new, and he is going to keep coming frequently to do her feet, he says keep up with the supplements for the next year, her hoof walls are thin, and that is why they are breaking....overall, good news!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:16 pm

yay good news.. she's on the mend and will only get strong hooves as the year goes by..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My poor girl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl!   My poor girl! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My poor girl!
Page 1 of 1