Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Glassessssss :D

Go down 
+3
Simi
just joan
D-Cutch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

New Glassessssss :D Empty
PostSubject: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:26 pm

So I tried contacts... and I don't know what the issue is but for some reason my eyes swell up like crazy and I look like I'm on the bottle 24/7. They go completely bloodshot and I can hardly open them (this happens after I take them out) they generally don't actually bother me while the contacts are in. I tried different cleaning solutions and it didn't help so I'm not sure if maybe the contacts aren't a good brand or what!

The reason I got contacts is because my glasses are always falling off(plus I detest them)... I have been really lucky so far no horses or sheep have stepped on them but I know the time is coming...

A gal at work told me about Zenni Optical.... it is a website (www.zennioptical.com) they have prescrption glasses there for like $8-$15 (she has a pair for all her different outfits) so I got my prescription sunglasses through there and then I ordered a couple new pairs (that are snug on my face when new) I figure at an average of about $15 per pair they cost about the same as the disposible contacts...

Anyhoo I was really impressed with the great deals and how much cheaper I can get my prescription glasses through them - the pair I have that falls off all the time cost like $300 yet my $12 sunglasses are still staying on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:29 pm

i dont know what to say about your allergic reaction.....but if its only after you take them out....and I dont want to sound like an arse....but how clean are your finger nails????? anyway, sure would love more info on the place where you are getting your new glasses from.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 pm

LOL :) My finger nails would be a disaster if I didn't keep them insanely short... the "contact fitter" was quite impressed with my very very short nails :D

I maybe explained that wrong... if I don't wear them for awhile and put them in I can wear them for 6-8 hours with out feeling like my eyes are bugging out but then once they come out my eyes go wild and look horrible for about 2-3 days... and I can't wear them after that because I can't keep my eyes open...
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:02 pm

dont put them back in.........I know, easy for me to say.....but what if it gets worse....on another subject however............LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Good God Girl That's Not good..
Love your picture also.. we will have to put a banner up for you once we figure out how lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks :) Only took me and my lack of computer sense far too many tries to make it the right size...
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:11 pm

D. that sounds great to get your glasses at that price.. I should look into it too.. I have a pair at work and two pair at home, one in the living room and a pair in the computer room with one arm.. I only need them for reading and work but love to have a pair with nice frames.. I like a change too once in a while..
as far as the contacts go.. I just couldn't put them in my eyes.. nooooooo.. and maybe you are super sensative.. if that happens to you then don't put them back in.. your eyes are telling you they don't like them..!!!
Back to top Go down
StraitView G

StraitView G

Location : Strait View Stables - Lismore (between Antigonish/New Glasgow)

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm a diehard contact wearer....was in love with the colored ones for years but have had to switch...apparently the colored ones are terrible for your eyes because they block oxygen from getting in. I now wear the O2 Optix - they are great!! I have 2 pairs of glasses....one pair of frames I got in Grade 7 - they make me look like Harry Potter and the others are ok....they have the clip on sunglasses which I like but cost well over $200. Gonna have to check out this website for sure....would love to have some 'cool' perscription sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:55 am

I gave up on glasses and got the laser eye surgery done 3 years ago. I made hubby do it first so that I could see what it was like. Life is so much better without having to wear glasses. Although I think Kayla misses the "hunt for mommy's glasses" game that we used to play ALL THE TIME. The problem was that if I put my glasses down, I couldn't see any further than the end of my arms so wasn't able to find them. It's very convenient not having to deal with the fogging up issue anymore - especially now that the horses are on our own property so I'm in and out of the house 5 times a day.
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:09 am

D- sounds like 1 of 2 things an oxygen issue... the eyes aren't getting enough while the lenses are in and go to he double hockey sticks when they come out or you have an allergy to something in your house that you have worked up a tolerance to but haveing the lenses blocks you inhibitors and you start all over again everytime you take them out.

I love mine and can't live without them but my eyes are -9.5 so even with laser I would have to wear glasses... after you break a few pair of glasses Glenn will probably suggest laser.... :) ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Glassessssss :D   New Glassessssss :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Glassessssss :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bert's Diner -for everyday conversations around the coffee pot.-
Jump to: