Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Childishly excited here!!

Go down 
+5
Tammy
threehorses
Freva
lb-ranch
Ellie*Mae
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Childishly excited here!! Empty
PostSubject: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Worthy Gift (my black gelding's) life story is going to be profiled by a standardbred magazine... Met with the reporter today - and he's arranging a farm visit, complete with photoshoot, sometime in the next couple of weeks!! I am so thrilled - and what a great opportunity to shamelessly get the word out about OTT Standardbred's, and their useful life after racing...now if I could just remember the name of the magazine, it's one of the american ones, but not Hoofbeats....???? New halter in the works, bit of shampoo, and sap remover LOL! Worthy will be 31 in November....he's been a one of a kind, once in a life time horse....

Leather halter, do you think??????
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Congrats, I'd be excited too. Make sure you post the article or link if it ends up online somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:22 pm

You have every right to be excited. Will look forward to reading the article. Worthy sounds as though his name is very suitable. I am sure he will present himself as the classy senior gent that he is. How long have you had him???
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
threehorses

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 pm

You should be excited!
I vote for a leather halter..I'd love to know the name of the magazine so I can get a copy if available around here. :flower:
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:47 pm

VERY exciting news! What do you use for sap remover? And I'd definitely go with a leather halter!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:03 am

Wow!!! That's awesome!!!

You'll have to make sure to get the name or atleast scan a copy for us all to see! How very exciting :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:24 am

That's awesome! I would love to get a copy of that to read also.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:47 am

Tammy - I'm going to try Show Sheen, its mostly in his mane and forelock....OT - I never realized until I had a very senior horse, but he has maybe 1/4 of the mane and tail hair he used to...male pattern balding? LOL

Freva, we've owned him since 1993 - he was foaled in 1978, imported from New Zealand in 1983 as a 4 year old, they paid $20K for him, which was a lot of money then, esp. as he had no race record in NZ. From what I understand, he ran in the late '80's in the Gold Cup and Saucer, he came in 2nd to Papermaker, who died within days of the race....anyway, he was retired in '93, he wasn't the fastest horse on the track, but he was one of the steadiest, consistently earned around $10k year, lifetime just under $100k....he is one of the strongest horses of any size I have ever seen, there sure was no quit in Worthy!

He had the most amazing gait to ride, kind of an amble....not a pace...and a 2 min mile in harness after you turned him :-)

We never really trained him as a saddle horse, he was more of a point, go and whoa kind of horse....and he would go anywhere!

The winter he turned 29 was the first time I drove him by myself in the sleigh....

lots of race fans in the maritimes remember him still, and don't realize he is still alive at almost 31....

sorry for the novel!!!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 pm

You can make it an EPIC.......short novellas are too quickly done.......anything on him would be terrific........I dont know how I missed this thread earlier.......but WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO FOR WORTHY :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm

way to go! It will make for great reading
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childishly excited here!!   Childishly excited here!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Childishly excited here!!
Page 1 of 1