Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acupuncture

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Acupuncture Empty
PostSubject: Acupuncture   Acupuncture Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Does anyone here have acupuncture treatments or better yet have them done on your horse, cat, dog...

I'm looking for an alternative for one of my elderly cats that is in pretty rough shape lately. She's already had a round of Adequan with no improvement. The only thing that helps is painkillers but with long term use comes side effects. Things I'm not willing to risk with her.

So does acupuncture work for arthritis? My poor girl can barely jump onto the couch anymore and I have to lift her into bed every night. I want to do all I can before I make the decision to let her go.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Acupuncture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acupuncture   Acupuncture Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:55 am

I have had accupunture and it really worked well for me, i have not heard about it for animals, but who knows, also how would you keep cat calm whilst poking needles in it ??????????

The horse vet here in Sydney uses a new laser treatment for arthritis that she is using on dogs and cats and she says she is having excellent results with it, she said she had a dog who could hardly walk in the vets and he trotted out practically !!!!!!!!!! hope thats helps
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Acupuncture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acupuncture   Acupuncture Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 pm

There is a vet in Sackville about 45 mins from me that does it. They say that 95% of the time the animals are okay with the procedure and settle down after the first few needles. I read about the laser treatments too. The work on the same principles by stimulating the specific "spots" like the needle does. Aparantley if your pet won't stand for the needles then the laser is a better way to go.

I'll have to go to a consultation and see what all is involved. It may end up costing me a fortune to have her treated. Well worth it though if it helps her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Acupuncture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acupuncture   Acupuncture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acupuncture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Keeping and Caring for Horses :: Horse Health - equine health care-
Jump to: