Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kids Say the Cutest Things

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

Kids Say the Cutest Things Empty
PostSubject: Kids Say the Cutest Things   Kids Say the Cutest Things Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 pm

I am blessed to have 3 beautiful grandchildren, a granddaughter and 2 grandsons and the call me "Honey" instead of the usual grandmother names, grandaughter, Em started it since I tend to call everyone in my family "Honey" instead of their names. It always worked great when our boys were home, I would yell, "Honey" and have 3 sons and a husband respond so it was a good thing.

Our oldest grandson, Colby, just turned 5 on September 17 and recently started kindergarten. For his birthday he received various toys...you know stuff that no intelligent adults can figure out how to work, cars that turn into robots etc. You have to be a kid, 9 or younger , I am sure but his favorite was what looked like a plastic soft ball but it came with a magnetized card and if you tossed this plastic ball on the card it opened up to reveal a butt ugly little figure inside. I guess they are all the rage for little boys but being a Grammie I really have no idea what they are called.

Colby came for a sleepover Saturday night and brought this wonderous toy along with him and was being very good. He was sitting on the couch sort of watching cartoons out of the corner of his eye, holding onto the card and saying 5T, 5T, 100, 100, 5T. It sounded a bit strange so I looked a bit closer and it said it again but was pointing at the card, 5T, 5T, 100, 100, 5T. Curiousity got the best of me and I went over and sat beside him, big brown eyes looking up, little smile, all proud of himself...."Honey" he said "I know my numbers"..."5T, 5T, 100, 100, 5T" on the side of the magnetized card which I have found turns out to be some sort of a game were the scores, 50, 50, 100, 100, 50......but my boy only knows his numbers to 20...........so if your 5, got big brown eyes, a doting grandma and just learning...it's Ok to think 50 is 5T. I gently pointed out that you don't have to say all the 5 just " fif" so we are good to go now.

I am sure it lost a lot in its translation but I thought it was too cute. I just love my "little people".

Last edited by Freva on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things   Kids Say the Cutest Things Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

hahahahahaha...........caring and sharing isnt that what they say........too cool.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things   Kids Say the Cutest Things Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 pm

This made me giggle. Kayla always astounds me with her logic. And the funny thing is, even though it's "wrong" in the traditional sense, she's usually right.

This little thing wasn't a Backugan was it?
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things   Kids Say the Cutest Things Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:54 pm

That's it!!!! You can tell that you have a little one under 9, Kayla is 7 right?? Colby also got Transformers.....who invented those things....I fumbled for half and hour and it never did resemble a car!!????

You are 100% right, kids have their own logic and somehow, when you really look at things from their prespective, it does seem to make perfect sense. Gotta love "little people"
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things   Kids Say the Cutest Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:44 am

I don't know what we'd do without our girls!! They sure make life comical - I just never know what is going to come out of Brittany's mouth...

She is with her father most days now that I'm back at work and she may very well be the brains of the operation...

They were dropping off a horse at the AVC for a girl the other day and Glenn cut through a parking lot to eliminate some of the lights/traffic...anyway he was sitting in the parking lot waiting to turn out and sees the traffic that was in front of him going by and he is rather annoyed so proceeds to say how if he was only patient and just waited he could have been going by and that they'd already almost be at the AVC...

Anyhoo fast forward to the next day they're going to pick up the same horse and Glenn goes through the parking lot again... Brittany pipes up from the backseat and says, "Daddy, you're not being patient again...other day you said you would have already been there if you just waited."
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things   Kids Say the Cutest Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Too funny! They don't miss a thing.

Back to the bakugans. The only thing I know is that I never pronounce the name correctly - guess who points that out? I read the instructions and still can't figure out how to play the game. Kayla has 3 and is only interested in them when the boys are. I still haven't a clue what the attraction is, but they ARE making someone a wack of moola!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids Say the Cutest Things   Kids Say the Cutest Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kids Say the Cutest Things
Page 1 of 1