Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE TARP IS ON!!!

Go down 
+8
Tammy
Ellie*Mae
Freva
mypony
Dun Tru
Wissy
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
D-Cutch
12 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:42 am

How secure?? Your guess is as good as mine... LOL

We still have alot of work left to do on it...particularly tightening and securing.

Here are the pictures from the events yesterday.

Rolling out the tarp...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 007

Strapping the beast...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 010

The equipment lined up to lift the beast...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 011

My aunt and I played forewomen directing the drivers because if the tarp catches it'll rip and the drivers have to work together...

The beast is airborne...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 015

Up she goes...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 017

From the far side...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 019

Our horses aren't particularly amused with the events...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 025

Caught a snag...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 027

Pulling the beast....
THE TARP IS ON!!! 033

Coming down the near side...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 031

The wind testing us...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 034

THE TARP IS ON!!! 035

The beast has landed!!!
THE TARP IS ON!!! 036

Bringing up the end wall...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 044

THE TARP IS ON!!! 045

Taaadaaaa...
THE TARP IS ON!!! 050
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:15 am

that is too cool watching it go up! There is 3 in my area but i've never got the chance to watch them go up.

Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:19 pm

I just got home from the camp and checked in to see how you were doing.. wow.. looks great.. love the shots you took putting it up.. wonderful..
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Congrats on having it up! I would LOVE to have one of those someday! But totally would have to hire someone to do all the hard work lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
mypony

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Wow. I makes me smile and it is not even mine!!! Way to go!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:36 pm

A huge job but it looks great!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:17 pm

NICE! It's huge! The size of it! What are you building on the front where the posts are?
You guys are going to have some fun this winter!! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:50 pm

You guys are very brave. I don't think I'd ever attempt something that HUGE. Especially when our winds can pick up at a moment's notice. Looks a bit like a tractor orgy - but hey, whatever gets the job done. Thanks for taking the pictures. I've never seen one put up.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 pm

It's been a huge job and unfortuately there still is a fair bit of work left on the inside...

My hands are about shot and beyond swollen from tightening straps all day...Glenn is absolutely petrified of heights so all the “after the fact” lift work has been my job. I now can officially operate a 50ft scissor lift... LMBO... WATCH OUT!!! He always laughs because I’m afraid of mice (I got bit on the neck by one in my sleep and had to have 11 shots for rabies) and I told him if he ever laughs or mocks my fear again I’m going to put him up on a lift and ask Mother Nature for an earthquake.

The barn is going up in front. In the last picture you can see the rafters sitting on the ground.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 am

merciful god............what a job..........and way to go D........obviously he better not be mocking your phobia..........hahahahaha........I was playing with a 30x50 little tarp over my woodpile and thought I was going to OZ......dont know how you were so brave to attempt that.........but WELL DONE!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 pm

It looks great all covered even if it was a pain in the buttercup to complete. Now here's hoping it stays put.

Good lord, my horses would have flipped if they saw that tarp moving. I was dragging a tarp across the lawn to cover my tomatoes last week and they damn near plowed through the fence to get away from it. :roll:
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 pm

WOW how exciting, can't wait to see pictures off it in use !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:02 am

thats awesome. I got to watch our friends go up they didn't have tractors to pull it just guys on the lifts :P
Back to top Go down

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 am

Wow looks great! You must be sooo excited!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE TARP IS ON!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TARP IS ON!!!   THE TARP IS ON!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE TARP IS ON!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Keeping and Caring for Horses :: Just Pics - share your snapshots-
Jump to: