Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Empty
PostSubject: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

Location: THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Subject: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT........ Today at 11:35 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put more miles on this weekend than I did going to Greenwood!!!!!!!!
I'll start at the beginning, seeings as thats where CJ aka Purple likes me to start stories so's she can follow along........her being slow and all(HAHAHAA)....YOU KNOW I LOVES YOU ANYWAY...RIGHT???

Seems Freva knows this fellow Sheldon( the intimate parts I dont know)........who is married to Dawn and they have 3 girls and they have lots of pasture and hay and love and cows..........so they want to have a pony(substitute horse here if it offends you).......so I get this little note from Freva saying she has friends on MY ISLAND that need a little help with trailering..........okydoky......I have the hang of this now, I volunteer.......originally I was going to Moncton to pick up a pony for them, but logistics etc did not pan out so that one had to be taken off the list...........so I have never met these folks, but one day Dawn(the new Maclean) calls me and she doesnt shut up for almost an hour........hahahaha...........I mean I was quite happy to talk to her, but she obviously doesnt know me well enough to know I NEVER TALK ON THE PHONE WITH ANYONE!!!!!!!!!! so a couple of weeks go by and I get an email from her......one of the original horses they had looked at is now back up for sale and she would like me to pick him up..........suits me just fine.....he's a whole lot closer........ANTIGONISH..........now I dont know how familiar you guys are with MY ISLAND, but I know most of you know I live in the MIDDLE of nowhere...........so I leave the house at 6.45am saturday morning and head on down to the co-op feed store in Antigonish where I am to meet Dawn and follow her to the barn for 9.30........I walk in and get some feed for my guys and I hear from the back of the store JOAN???????.....I turn around and there they are Maclean and Margareemaiden looking at brushes, halters etc for the new acquisition.......we shake hands(cause I didnt want to scare them right off with hugs etc)......and we go.......CREEKVIEW is where we ended up going for this gelding.......I had never been there, but seen lots of pictures that Wissy and TE and Gunnar had taken while they were there........nice spot, nice people, and lots of kids everywhere.........so I got the trailer turned around and ready for loading...............well, I didnt know it was going to be an APPY...but here he is, with 4 kids brushing him and doing his feet and just fussing all over him.......thats a real good indicator right there about what kind of horse he is...........he's really quite cute and seems very quiet.........the lady who is selling him hands over all kinds of info on vaccs, teeth, worming etc and everyone is really sad to see him go............but its his turn for a REAL HOME AND PEOPLE OF HIS OWN.........he walks right on the trailer without so much as a sniff and we are off.

In the mean time, Maclean drives like a demon on the way over to Creekview, so I mention to her that there aint no way in Bleeding heart I drive that fast with a pony in the back............she was just real anxious to get there...........ok.......so off we go....................
Now, I am not that familiar withTHE OTHER SIDE OF MY ISLAND, WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY THEIRS and if you are used to living in the HIGHLANDS, you never think to mention to OTHER
FOLKS that you may encounter some ups and downs and some very twisty switchbacky roads............had I any thought that I would be doing the CABOT TRAIL with a horse on the back of my trailer I may have just not been available EVER...........but, a promise is a promise and on and on and on and on we go................now Maclean also lives in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.........almost like mine only I think the air is a little rarer..............
We pull in her driveway and I take Cody off...........he steps off real quiet like a gentleman and dives right into the grass...............all the kids come running out, along with the dogs and the pony is in heaven,,,,,,,,,,,,,he has three hundred pounds of carrots and the biggest apple orchard you ever saw,...........then I give some words of wisdom and ask for directions home..........so I decide the try to go through the middle.........down towards Iona, take the little ferry at the narrows, out through Eskasoni then back onto MY SIDE....and down towards home..............I arrived a little after 4.30 in the afternoon.........my buttercup was flat, my shoulders screaming and my hands still curled from hanging on to the steering wheel.................I fed my critters and ed, sat and watched some tv then fell asleep.........for Sunday I had to be back up bright and early as I was to be the Judge at the SUNRISE FINAL FUN SHOW of the year..........but thats another story..........maybe later.

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:00 pm

My god JJ you have to write a book, it would be a best seller hahahahahahahahahaha wish i had been available to come with you, but the appy sounds really nice and sounds like he has gone to a good home, happy endings that what i like !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:01 pm

JJ you have a heart of gold.........and helped make the McLean clan very happy. It has turned into quite a story from my simple ..Hey Joan, Do you know of any horses.......???? I am so glad that Cody found a great new home, the family has a wonderful addition.

I could think this might make a nice family TV special..."How Cody Came to Cape Breton" or a kid's book "Just Joan's Journey" with pics of you sweating little bullets going on the Trail with the trailer...ya...this could work. :lookitup.gif:

Glad the story had a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:07 pm

omg you travelling band you.. lol.. sounded like a very interesting trip.. wishing I was closer I would have loved to have gone along for the ride.. Glad all went well and you got pony home safe and sound. So now you know your way to creekview.. gonna come and do some penning one day.. now that would be a hoot!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:50 pm

NO NO NO NO NO................I WASNT AT CREEKVIEW...........was at CREEKSIDE??????????? SHOOT ....YOU KNOW ME........I CANT GET ANYTHING STRAIGHT SOMETIMES.......I was at the place where you and TE and Gunnar werre going to do your Fjord testing!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:44 pm

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THESE FOLKS..............I NEVER DID SEE ANY PICTURES OF CODY..........or did I just miss them somewhere in the shuffle??????????
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 pm

yup you were at Creekside.. my friend Kelly's place.. long steep driveway.. nice place .. Yes we were having the fjord evaluation there..
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 am

Can't you get in touch with them JJ i would like to see pictures of him...hope everything is still good with them...
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 am

Yes JJ you should ride a book about JJ tales lol.. Love when you wright these..
and I am not slow thank you women!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....   LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT.....
Page 1 of 1