Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oakie Dokie

Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Empty
PostSubject: Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner?   Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 am

Ok...so I am on another website looking at livestock for sale and I see a percheron for sale for $700.00... I am not looking for a percheron but I clicked the ad to see what he looked like and he is so frigen skinny I can see his back bone and butt bone , he is standing in frount of a half eaten round bale so yeah I would say he has hay....But I wanted to write these people and say " you need to get a wormer for your horse and up his grain or something because he is very under weight....I feel like I need to speak for the horse.....I didn't because I thought maybe someone else would but now I feel guilty....Should I mind my own business...I just feel bad....Knowing winter is coming and he is already underweight and what if he dosen't sell.....This horse is located in Fredericton....I don't know if I can mention this web site here so I won't but we all heard of it it is very popular....( Hint, Hint) if you want to check it out for yourself......There are 4 pictures....You will see what I mean....

Maybe the owners don't realize how skinny he is...I don't know....
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner?   Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:47 pm

I sent an email asking a few questions about him including if there was a medical reason for him being thin. A polite email. The owner says he's only had him since the summer and had gotten him from an "old guy" who didn't feed him enough. Said that he was much skinnier when he bought him. Poor horse. Hopefully someone good comes along.
Back to top Go down
Oakie Dokie

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner?   Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Well that makes me feel better......After I posted this I thought to that maybe it was the fault of a previous owner...It can take quite a while to bring a horse back to ideal weight...I'm sure he will get a good home..I am just relieved that where he is now he is being feed good....

Can you imagine him being any skinner? :36_1_44[1].gif ...What a sin....
Back to top Go down
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

PostSubject: why not send a message!   Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Hiya,

You know, when i see ads like that i sometimes reply with a polite message also despite how i really feel. $700 is a scary price though for obvious reasons. Why on earth do people breed horses and then have not a care in the world for their welfare after the fact? It's backyard breeders that are making a mess of everything--there--it's said...OUTLOUD. This horse is probably the result of someone wanting to make a quick buck with no regard for where the poor creature ends up.

You know, we really need to start voicing our opinions because there are alot of really UNINFORMED people out there who are making total messes of animals lives.

This country slaughters horses daily----poor AND good quality horses that nobody wants or cares about. If you want to find yourself a horse...try this.....instead of BREEDING for the perfect one...why not try to find one that ALREADY EXISTS and give the animal a try. People breed and then say...oh, it's too short, it's too tall, not the right color, didn't jump high enough, run fast enough, was too high strung and not suitable for my child (duuuhhhh), etc. etc. Pretty sad.

You know, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee...the world has too many animals in it that are being abused, ignored, starved, left to die, sold for meat...so let's take what's already here and make a go of it.

I do not care if i have offended some people--i really do not. These animals need our help, not our greed or MORE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it.

Thanks for listening and for HOPEFULLY taking strong consideration for what i have said.

If you do decide to breed, than make sure you follow the little critter throughout it's life to ENSURE it has a good one--it's the LEAST you should do since you created it.
Back to top Go down
Oakie Dokie

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner?   Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:57 am

Yes, yes, yes...I agree....

I read in and ad a little while ago and the person was willing to let someone breed her mare and have the foal because ahe wanted to see what she would have first before she breed her!!!!!!!!!!!!! Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? 382802

It is nuts......I hate horse slaughter..I have seen it on you tube and I weep for these scared horses, especially the ones that had owners and were loved at one point.....I really could go on forever about the issue...but I would wright a book....

A bit ago Morning Star Acres posted a auction result thread on this web site and I was horrified.....Killing mares that had foals by there side, so called WILD HORSES, they have every reason to be wild conceriding they have never seen a gentle hand, old wore out horses that really sould be retired it is just sick....I told you I could go forever........People breed thousands of Standardbreds and Thousands Of Thorobreds just to get the lucky few that make it big....It is what they do with the ones that don't make the cut...Many don't care, some do and I think it is great..take your losses and gains...But there is too much money to be made to be feeding LOOSER HORSES..SAD>>They aren't horse people....There gamblers.....

It makes me wanna go baby my horse....There are unfortunate horses and fortunate one...REALLY no different then our own childern...LUcky ones and not so lucky ones.....

Well that is my view...... Everyone that reads this should go out and throw there horse another flake of hay and give them a big kiss....For we don't deserve them.....They are gifts......

Cheers to everyone....
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: ads   Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:31 pm

I often see myself sending replies to these types of ads. Often though the owners(seller) is defensive and ready to slit throats...It is sad to see sometimes that people do think their horses are worth 1 million $$$$ But there are those who will help the lost souls.....

Good job to those who try.
Back to top Go down
http://morningstaracres.tripod.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner?   Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skinny Percheron for sale!!!! What would you tell the owner?
Page 1 of 1