Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU

Go down 
+3
Wissy
SemiCharmed
just joan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Empty
PostSubject: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:46 pm

what do you think your horse gets out of Black Oil Sunflower Seeds........do you really see any differences?/ :study:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SemiCharmed

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Well, about the only difference I noticed (besides in the manure pile come spring LOL) was that Dixie's coat became really oily looking (she's my super easy keeper). I did not find a big difference in anyone else, and did not find that they helped with my harder keeper's condition at all. Soooo I stopped using them and switched to ground flax instead - Overall, I prefer flax. Would still feed a tiny bit of the BOSS to them as a treat when I fill the bird feeders though.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:52 pm

well something I didn't get a chance to talk to you about this weekend Joan. I've heard.. now just heard that unshelled it's not good for your horse the shell actually could irrate the bowel and stomach, so we choose to use just flax.. and if we did use boss it would be already shelled .. but that's expensive I think..
Back to top Go down
StraitView G

StraitView G

Location : Strait View Stables - Lismore (between Antigonish/New Glasgow)

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:20 pm

I've also heard that BOSS in the shell can be hard on the digestive tract....I fed it for years without any problem but never really did see much difference in my herd. I stopped feeding it last summer.....I'll miss my pretty manure pile this summer!
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:39 pm

I found no real difference.... went back to top dressing with oil and flax
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:59 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmm I really have not noticed much difference either, but I thought it was just me and I expected too much :scratch: 😕 Buck is really 🐷 ish when it comes to them........he snorts it like its cocaine :pirat: :pirat: :pirat: look a smilie of me.....haahahaha didnt see the patch eyed guy before..sorry went off topic......
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:48 am

I give my guys BOSS. When Santa brought Thunder he had a horribly dry coat. The BOSS has made a real difference in the amount of dandruff that he has. The critters really seem to enjoy it too. I also tried Flax (because I think it's better) but they didn't like the taste or smell of it. I found oil to be way too messy. So because it doesn't do any good if they aren't going to eat it, I've stuck with BOSS.

The best side effect IS the beautiful manure pile that you have. A friend of ours took some manure away because he make some topsoil and he got such a lovely crop of sunflowers that his daughter had her wedding pictures taken with them as a backdrop!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:18 am

I have NEVER seen a sunflower in my manure piles.....hhmmmmmm :flower:
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:37 am

me either :?:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 am

the first year we used them on a horse in the barn.. then the next summer we had sunflowers.. :flower:
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:08 am

We had tonnes of them this year. Absolutely beautiful! It really adds a cheerfulness around the place - especially the manure pile!
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:43 am

maybe I will just throw some seeds in the manure pile....lol
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 1:25 pm

do they have to pass through the horse first to make them grow, do I have to go searching for them or can I just take them out of the bag and go planting!!!???????/ :roll: :scratch: :pirat:
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:02 pm

I haven't tried boss but I do use flax for my horse. he had a really bad case of rain rot this summer and the flax really brought his coat back that an alot of zinc cream.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Gee Joan, I don't know if you can just take them straight out of the bag and plant them. I usually do my gardening through my horses ass!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 am

thats what I thought......but it hasnt worked and I've been using them and the boss for 2years now........so I will have to do it the UNGREEN WAY.....and throw some seeds out by hand :affraid: :bounce:
Back to top Go down
StraitView G

StraitView G

Location : Strait View Stables - Lismore (between Antigonish/New Glasgow)

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:58 am

In Cue's 3 year old year he had sunflowers growing everywhere - in the trainer's manure pile, at the Pictou shows, and of course all over the manure pile and across the pasture at home. I might get a bag to feed to my guys in another month or so....even if the horses don't get much out of them all the pretty flowers are worth the $20. :flower:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU   WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT DOES BOSS MEAN TO YOU
Page 1 of 1