Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion

Go down 
+3
Simi
Dun Tru
gordsearle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gordsearle

gordsearle

Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Empty
PostSubject: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:48 pm

This horse was attacked by a mountain lion, pic was taken close to a year after the attack. The hole through the neck used to be wide enough to put you arm through it.

[img]Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Dsc08410[/img]
Back to top Go down
gordsearle

gordsearle

PostSubject: Second Pic of Horse   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:51 pm

Inside the back leg.

[img]Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Dsc08411[/img]
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:46 am

Poor pony :( Does the horse have stiffness with movement in te neck and leg due to the attack now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:04 am

wow not good poor boy!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Unbelievable! My sister worked at Spruce Meadows and she said one morning they went out and there was a cougar (or mountain lion or something) sitting right on top of the horse walker. I'm sooo glad we don't have to worry about that stuff here.

Does the horse experience any pain from the wounds now?
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Saw one near Port Elgin, NB a few years ago....
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:40 am

I have a client on the Coles Island Rd in NB who has a horse that was attacked by a cougar. I guess it came out of the woods early one morning. The horses chest was full of huge scars, but it survived. I wish I took a picture!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 pm

That is quite something....quite impressive how well injuries will heal up if given the chance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
gordsearle

gordsearle

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Moody Blue wrote:
Poor pony :( Does the horse have stiffness with movement in te neck and leg due to the attack now?
He will never be what he was, but he will enjoy an other wise good life.
Gord
Back to top Go down
gordsearle

gordsearle

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 pm

D-Cutch wrote:
That is quite something....quite impressive how well injuries will heal up if given the chance.
He will lead a long an otherwise healthy life.
Gord
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion   Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pic of a horses neck that was attacked by a mountain lion
Page 1 of 1