Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Interesting Day Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Day   Interesting Day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Hmmmm ... what an interesting day here at Peetree Stables. It was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey to start with. The horses' shoes were making that annoying squeaking sound against the snow because of the cold. It drives me nuts! How come when you want them to move around they won't and when you want them to just stay still and stop "that infernal noise" they won't. Sometimes ya just can't win!

Kayla's teacher called me last week and asked me if I could volunteer at her school this afternoon to help prepare some popcorn for the kids on Tues. The school is doing an awareness thing about a small community on the island of Timore (at least I think that's what it's called). So in order to try to get the kids to understand how other cultures do without what we consider to be the basics, they are all donating a toonie and tomorrow for recess they are going to have a small bag of plain popcorn each for their snack. It was supposed to be plain rice but unfortunately they have a child in the school who is allergic to rice, so popcorn it is! I dragged Fronie with me despite her absessed tooth. She just took an extra pain killer before we went and had a death grip on her tube of Orajel - good to go! Luckily the principal had an old popcorn machine that we used (like the ones at the movie theatre). Funny I don't remember Marie mentioning that we had to bag 460 bags of popcorn when she called me to ask for help! Anyways, in for a penny, in for a pound. By 2:00 we realize that this endeavour was going to take more time that we had anticipated so Fronie had to call her hubby and have him meet Kayla's bus when she got home. Then I had to track Kayla down in the gym to tell her that Mike would be meeting her after school. Then I had to track down the bus driver to tell him that Mike was allowed to get Kayla off the bus after school. Did I mention that the entire time I was doing this I was dressed in cowboy slippers, a plastic apron and plastic gloves? When Kayla saw me she came over and said, "mom - what's with the outfit?!" I told her it was my popcorn outfit and that seemed to make it OK.

By 4:30 we had finished so we hopped in Fronie's truck and headed to town to pick up some sawdust for the barn. We loaded 20 bags of frozen sawdust (I guess that would make them sawdust cubes!) and then headed home. I dumped Fronie off at her house to make sure that my child was doing her homework, gave her instructions to send Mike over to the barn, called Lord Gord to tell him supper was at Fronie's tonight, fed the dog and then dressed in my warm clothes to unload the truck. Mike helped me unload and then we headed to their place for supper. As we were pulling in the driveway my cell phone rang. It was Fronie. She was in a panic because she couldn't find her tube of Orajel so wanted us to look in the truck to see if she'd left it there. While searching I opened the console of the truck and guess what I found? It wasn't Orajel ... it was a pair of disposable breast pads! I picked them up and said, "hey Mike, are these yours?". We both just about peed our pants laughing. We didn't find the Orajel (because it was STILL in Fronie's purse). When we got in the house I asked Fronie about the breast pads. Apparently they work really well in your shoes if your feet are sweating and start to stink. OH MY NERVES !!!!

When Lord Gord arrived we sat down and had supper. Of course Kayla wasn't hungry because Mike had given her "some BBQ chips" after school and she had managed to devour the entire bag !!!! Mike said when she showed him the empty bag he said to her, "is your mom going to be mad at me for letting you have the whole bag?" To which she replied, "that's not MY problem. Thanks for the chips!" And with that she skipped back down to the basement.

Once back home we had to finish homework. Kayla did some at Fronie's but then stated that she was going to do the rest at home because it was called "homework", not "Fronie's house work". She likes to have her guinea pigs on the couch with her when she does her reading. So there she is reading away and we hear this little munching noise. Look down and here Cute has been nibbling away at the cover of the book! Sort of puts a new twist on the old excuse of "the dog ate my homework".

So that was my day. Anything new in your worlds?!
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

Interesting Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day   Interesting Day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Hahahaha...nothing as interesting as your day! Very entertaining read! LOL :doglaugh.gif:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Interesting Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day   Interesting Day Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:09 am

haha Tammy .. another good read for my Tues morning blues.. gawd I hate working.. lol
but reading your tidbits is almost worth getting up this early and being here at work.
I like the disposal breast pads.. ummm good idea.. but I think I'll stick with my electric socks.. lol
oh and my electric gloves too..
Is there ever a dull moment at your place??? Must come for a visit.. is Kayla's tree house open to guest?? LMAO
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

Interesting Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day   Interesting Day Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:18 am

OMG Tammy!! You should really start a blog!! Who knows maybe like the movie Julie/Julia you'll get a book deal. Your tales keep me entertained that's for sure!! haha
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Interesting Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day   Interesting Day Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:44 am

We're always open for visitors. Currently the "cabin suite" and the "treehouse suite" are vacant!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interesting Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day   Interesting Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Day
Page 1 of 1