Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REALLY FINE SAWDUST

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

REALLY FINE SAWDUST Empty
PostSubject: REALLY FINE SAWDUST   REALLY FINE SAWDUST Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 am

I thought I'd posted this yesterday but either my computer froze up and crashed again, or it was one of those "I could swear I did it" moments. Anyways, here it is again.

My normal sawdust (shavings) supplier had run out so I borrowed some from a friend of mine who had gone and picked up a HUGE load the other week. Her sawdust is really fine and although it's really great to work with and certainly makes the stalls easier to clean, I'm wondering if there is any danger of having such a fine sawdust in their stalls. It's just like sand and the first thing I thought of is having heard of "sand colic". What are your opinions on using such a fine bedding? I used the last bag today and have gone back to my regular consistency.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: REALLY FINE SAWDUST   REALLY FINE SAWDUST Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:42 pm

We went through a batch of really fine sawdust a while back and found it very dusty and noticed our weaned foals coughing and a couple with irritated eyes. Our feeders are slow feed wall feeders so I guess I don't think of them ingesting the fine bedding. We have been lucky enough to be a mix of saw dust and shaving ever since and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: REALLY FINE SAWDUST   REALLY FINE SAWDUST Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:46 pm

when they lay down they breathe it all up their nostrils....I hate the stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REALLY FINE SAWDUST   REALLY FINE SAWDUST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REALLY FINE SAWDUST
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Keeping and Caring for Horses :: Horse Health - equine health care-
Jump to: