Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hives AGAIN

Go down 
+4
Tammy
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Freva
DesignedByDiesel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 pm

My big goofball is getting hives again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The warmer weather is hitting us. I took Zippy down to Sky Valley Farms from Friday until Sunday evening and they were going away. I took him home and not even 5 minutes in his stall hives started poppingup... Tonight I went out to hay the 2 horses and he is getting more on him :(
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Oh no...poor fella. Did they subside a little over the winter months???
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Well, I would say it has to be something in his environment at home if they started going away that quickly when you had him at the other farm. Did you take hay from home when he was away? Maybe start keeping a journal and start removing things to try and pin point whats causing it?
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:25 pm

OH GOOD LORD! Not again! Poor lumpy - I mean Zippy. I remember the pictures from last year - it made me itch just looking at them. It's going to be a real challenge to pinpoint what he's allergic to. Can they do allergy tests on horses like they do on humans?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:18 pm

oh no poor Zippy.. give him big kisses and hugs.. lumps and all.. hope he gets better soon .. real soon..
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:22 pm

I think I posted this for you before but there was a pony that I used to show with that got hives when you took her to different places so it might just be the fact that you are moving him from one place to another I don't think they had any solution to this problem unfortunately
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 pm

He doesn't really go anywheres? I show him yes but he started getting the hives at home before i took him anywheres and they went away within 12 hours being at a different spot.

the place i went to uses the same hay as i do, i bought my bales from this barn so who knows...

Me and vet figures it's pollin. It can't be bedding (same bedding as always), can't be feed (same feed as always) can't be the horses he is around lol (same ole mules:p) can' tbe hay (same hay as last year).

Lumpy Zip is a brat... They seemed to have subsided a little and i actually went out and brushed him and they were pretty much gone. They definitely were not as bad as last fall!!! He just likes to stress me out because the vet is coming Wednesday to get vaccinated
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Be nice to my Zippy - even if he IS a wee bit on the lumpy side. Is there anywhere that the pollen may be accumulating (ie: edge of a pond, etc)? Do they have anything like Claratin for horses? Poor boy. He may have to come over to live with me - tongue and all!
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 am

I remember reading about this last year but can't remember all the suggestions...so here you go...have you tried MSM the 99.9%pure one ...I would give him a double dose for 2 weeks to start then keep him on it all summer...good luck
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Tell that lumpy giraffe that he needs to get better so you guys can beat the pants off us all in the show ring again.
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 pm

lmao lumpy giraffe?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hives AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives AGAIN   Hives AGAIN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hives AGAIN
Page 1 of 1