Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bump/lump on hock

Go down 
+3
barnmom
lb-ranch
FoundationPaint
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:09 pm

My coming 2 year old filly has had something rather odd develop and I wanted to see if anyone may have idea of what it is (I will post pics of it soon). It is a lump about the roundess of the end of a thumb when you press it down on something. It sticks out about 1/8 of an inch from her hock. I have accidentally opened it and NO puss comes out, it just bleeds a bit. There is a thick layer (a bit thicker than a scab) over it and its dark. A friend of mine mentioned that proud flesh has set in, but its only in this spot. Shes not lame, its only ouchie when pressure is put on it. Someone mentioned a kick (shes out with a rather large herd) or a piece of something could be stuck there? I have checked her over countless times before this came to be, and there was never anything.... Any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm half scared to get the vet out because I know shes going to need to be sedated so a sample of it can be taken for analysis.....Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Does anyone have any experience with bog spavin? Thats something that has come into play that I was wondering if people have experience with, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Could you get a photo?? that would be most helpful in guessing what it could be.
Back to top Go down
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm going to get a few pics of it over the weekend and put them on
Back to top Go down
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Finally, pics of the "wound" This is after cleaning it. Shes in so much mud theres NO way I can keep her, or it, clean. Pardon the dirt on the fuzz ball! She is a WICKED roller!

sorry about the size but I figured leaving them full size would give you a better idea. Its NOT hot and shes in 0 pain. Its not swollen anywhere else or anything. A friend suggested bog spavin.......your ideas?

Bump/lump on hock DSC02106

Bump/lump on hock DSC02108
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Proud flesh? or sarcoid, I've had horses with both that looked similar.
anyone else have other ideas, Bog spavin I've never seen ulcerate to form a sore like that so I dont think it's that.
Back to top Go down
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:43 am

Well update on her little injury...was at the barn last night to give her her birthday supper......The wound now looks as though its going to fall off, its hard and now is hot. Its almost up to her hip (the heat). Vets coming out Monday afternoon.....pretty scared. Now shes sore on it and is favoring the leg....Now I'm really worried.....
Back to top Go down
barnmom

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:33 am

Good luck foundation paint hope it is nothing overly serious!!
Back to top Go down
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Well vet was out, removed the lump AND ITS ONLY PROUD FLESH!!! I was told there would be almost no mark at all! She was a trooper! I'm sooooo glad shes ok Bump/lump on hock 757770
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Great news!!!! Glad Rubie is on the mend!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Tammy

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Great news. You must really feel relieved!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Whew! That was nice to hear. I was wondering.
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:21 pm

wow...I've only seen proudflesh on the pasterns..never on the hock...see how much we can learn from each other Bump/lump on hock 757770
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bump/lump on hock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump/lump on hock   Bump/lump on hock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bump/lump on hock
Page 1 of 1