Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picture Update

Go down 
+11
Becca
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
Loves Color
Simi
Dun Tru
Wranglin'ruff
MoonShadow
just joan
RedBaronBPeppy
lb-ranch
D-Cutch
15 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Life has been pretty busy around the farm lately so not too much time to post.

We had our third foal arrive Tuesday morning. Glenn had a bus route and I left for work so the retired gentleman who does some of the barn work in the morning found the little guy. He decided to name him "Lucky"...

Well it didn't take long for "Lucky" to become "Unlucky"... Glenn noticed his eyes were red and when I came home at lunch with both of us holding him we came to the same conclusion that he appeared to have entropion. We see it in the odd lamb and deal with it accordingly.

For those that aren't familiar with entropion it means the eye lashes are turnt in on the eye, in turn the eye lashes rub against the eye and ulcerate the eye which result in severe pain and blindness... it all happens quite quickly. Anyhoo, with sheep we insert penecillan into the eyelids and the bulk of the liquid in the eyelid forces the eye lashes to flip out and the scar tissue keeps it out.

Lucky is all fixed up now and there are no long term effects to his eyes!! He truely is very lucky!

He weighed a whopping 22lbs at birth...

Here is a comparison with me... this is before his eyes were fixed you'll see his eye is only half open.
Picture Update Lucky

Back home in his blankie!
Picture Update Lucky2

Without the blanket
Picture Update Lucky3

Picture Update Lucky4

The Fjord filly, Yetta, walking around the barn
Picture Update Yetta4

Picture Update Yetta5

And last but not least...Sophie finished all her tests and was bred the last three days to a lovely import from the Netherlands... this guy is just awesome!!! Cross your fingers in 35 days she'll check PREGNANT!!!!
Picture Update Album2003001

Picture Update Album2003005
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
lb-ranch

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Great update, love lucky :) minis are somewhat addictive I'm finding. lol
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 pm

ahhh gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! :D

what mini is that little guy out of?

sophie's "mate" is stunning... hope everything goes well.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:45 pm

OKAY...........one...........thank god you guys recognized the problem with little LUCKY........glad he will be as perfect as he looks............lovely pix of the other babies..........and OMG the stud dog is amazingly beautiful...........is he chocolate or is that just my eyes.............holy............what puppies those two will produce....... :cowboyhound.gi :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 pm

WOW.. Realy glad you found time to upload some pics. That wee one "Lucky" is SWEET!!!! And the fjord filly is ... umm wonder if she would fit under my jacket and I wonder if you would notice her missing.. Picture Update 722659 She is a darling. What is her name?

Yeah Holy that stud pup realy is a stud muffin.. I will cross my eyes and everything that it took, and you will have puppies on the way.

WE NEED MORE PICS OF YOUR CRITTERS!!!
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Great pictures......I am going to have to work hard on the hubby for a PUPPY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:30 pm

I've never heard of a hrose getting an entrophin eyelid before (sheep and dogs yes!) is it something that is common in minis?? Yetta is goregous, what a pretty girl! And my goodness Sophie's "boyfriend" is GOREGOUS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:30 am

Minis are very addictive.... McGregor our little driving gelding we lent out for the winter arrived home last night. I had him hooked in about 3 minutes flat and we were cruising up and down the road. I can't wait to get all the mares started - they're "B" size Minis so they can cover ground in a hurry.

Lucky is Jillian's baby - the silver dapple.

The Fjord filly is "Yetta" and the colt is "Magnus"

Stud dog is brown... the breeder and I have had very lengthy discussions over the repercussions of breeding to a brown. Brown dogs are "registerable" in Canada but not accepted in the confirmation ring and frowned on by some. Ozzy has been shown extensively down in the States and he is quite possibly one of the best health tested males in the country. Given Sophie's color/pedigree her litter should consist of blacks and landseers.

I've never heard of entropion in horses before either nor did Jillian's past owner who is a huge Miniature breeder, in fact she didn't even know what it is. The college had limited research on how to approach it and actually ended up using the same technique we use on lambs on him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:33 am

sweet love them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:36 am

They are adorable. The one with the blanket on looks like a toy.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 am

what a cutie, thats great that you guys were able to fix her up!
Back to top Go down
Becca

Becca

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 am

my friends qh had it as well, im not sure what all happend or how they did it, but he dosen't have eyelashes on one eye now. besides that hes perfectly healthy! (a cluts, but healthy :P )
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures! The wee ones are so darned cute. I realized while reading it that Lucky is HALF the weight of Kayla. THAT'S TINY! Sophie's boyfriend is stunning. I didn't realize that the Cdn confirmation ring doesn't recognize chocolates. Do you think they'll change that in the future?

How are the girls doing?
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:28 pm

OMG - gorgeous or what?????

All of them - glad that Lucky is okay!
Back to top Go down

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:46 am

Ha, the foals are adorable! I love the name Yetta..

Sophie's man is handsome, although the brown isn't my choice I'm more into the blacks, well not hard to tell, percherons, b/w paints are my fav, black newfies! ha.. I love black! hehehe.. be interesting to see the color combos.
Back to top Go down
Tie

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 am

Beautiful pictures and I LOVE Sophie's new male friend - he's absolutely gorgeous and knows it too!!!!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Love the pictures, Sophies boyfriend is a good looking boy, can't wait to see the puppies!!! the Mini is so so so cute !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Picture Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture Update   Picture Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picture Update
Page 1 of 1