Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discombobulated

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 pm

I don't even know how to spell that word, but it's how I feel right now. I had a lesson on Stretch on Sunday and my left foot keeps slipping out of the stirrup when we lope so my instructor suggested I shorten the stirrups. Of course, being the short-buttercup that I am, there weren't any holes left. Yesterday I tried to put the extra holes in but the leather was too wide for my wee little leather punch thing. So today I called the local leather guy (not a saddle guy, but he does leather work). He was only open to 2 so I told him I'd be right down. In order for him to punch the holes in I had to take the stirrups off so I did that in his shop. Afterwards he offered to carry the saddle out to the truck for me so of course I took him up on it. Didn't have time to reattach the stirrups but who the heck is going to pass up the chance to have someone else carry their saddle?! Not MOI! I carried the stirrups out.

I came home, had some lunch and then decided to put the saddle back together and go for a ride. The sun was actually out, if you can imagine! When I went to put the stirrups back on one of the slide up things that you put over the stirrup adjuster (not sure if that's all the right terminology but it works for me!) was missing. I checked all over the truck, on the ground, in my pockets, etc but alas I couldn't find it. I called Mr. Olson and while I was on the phone he had a look around but said he couldn't find it. By this time it was 2:00 so he was leaving for the day. I feel just sick to my stomach and am trying not to have a nervous breakdown. Tomorrow I'll have to go back to his shop and have a boo around myself.

So I'm gone for this weekend and then I have only 4 days to try to ride before the fun show and Lyle Jackson clinic the following weekend. And here I am with a beautiful saddle that keeps my bum happy - and I can't even use it! Keep your fingers crossed for me that I find the part. Do any type of witch dance, prayers, positive thoughts, jingles, WHATEVER ... I JUST WANT MY SADDLE PIECE!

Discombobulated 336163
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Its called a BLEVINS buckle........well half of the blevins........thistle...........is there such a thing as a LOCAL TACK SHOP...........crikey.......and you have to measure the width of your leathers.....they come in different widths...not many.....but dont drive yourself totally insane.......duct tape works......dont go getting mad...all your doing is keeping the prongs in place and in a pinch you could wrap tape or tie leather or one of those zip ties on till you find or get another one..........it shouldn't show if your saddle leathers are on correctly and fold up to the inside of your fenders like its supposed to.....not all expensive saddle do and thats one of my pet peeves..........sorry running on here, but it is doable............I just hope you find it between the seats or something when you go out tomorrow...........good luck. :hug.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 pm

next time you need new holes........use a nice big nail and a hammer.....works everytime and you dont have to leave home.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:56 pm

it's called a blevin and you can buy them, probably not in NFLD though.. oh what a shame, it must be somewhere outside his shop or in.. retrace your steps tomorrow..
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 pm

That sucks!! I hate those kind of days.. but take heart and use the duct tape if you don't find it. Might not be pretty but it will work.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm

TAMMY...........TANDY LEATHER CARRIES THEM..........either 2 1/2 or 3 inch.....but you have to buy the whole set..both sides both pieces.in the catalogue....page 120 #1906.00 2 1/2 or 1907.00 3inch Halifax toll free 866 520 8437..........they are really fast........I ordered a purple real new zealand sheepskin just yesterday.....it arrived today........so, if you really cant find the other one.......you can call them........I dont know the price. sorry
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks JJ. I retraced my steps today and sure enough there it was underneath the guy's work bench. His daughter was working there today and she found it as soon as I walked in. I hate to sound sexist, but I'm not surprized - after all, he DOES have man eyes.

JJ - did you say a purple sheepskin? NOW what are you up to? All I can picture is Wiley Coyote typing a sheepskin on his back when he's trying to sheep rustle!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Quote :
JJ - did you say a purple sheepskin? NOW what are you up to?
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!! Discombobulated 775395

Tammy - I agree, men don't "look" for things the same way we do.....
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:27 am

YEAH.........SO GLAD YOU FOUND IT..............AND THE SHEEPSKIN IS FOR MY BACKRESTS ON MY BUGGIES......HAHAHAHAHAH.........WOOO HOOO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discombobulated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discombobulated   Discombobulated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discombobulated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: