Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oooh Pain but worth it

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

Oooh Pain but worth it Empty
PostSubject: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

So I must say it sure has been eventful for me lately... I've been TRYING my hardest to get on ME as much as possible and I do but I haven't posted a whole lot. I'M SORRYYYYY.... I will start out with last weekends Apple Blossom Horse Show... I had a pretty good weekend other than my horse blowing up in ALL his English classes which I have yet to understand why...

The giant RAVE I have from that weekend was my open reining pattern with my mare "Callie" AKA Designed By Diesel :D Our score was a 60.5 out of 70.. If anyone doesn't understand reining - you start out your pattern with a full 70 points and as you make mistakes you get deducted... This was our VERY first actual reining class (other than Valley Reiners open shows but that doesn't count hehe). I am SO happy with my pony. That one class made my entire weekend wonderful and well worth it.

I made the journey home, tuckered out and exhausted. Unpacked my things and headed for bed after making eggs and toast for supper. I started out my week of work still sleepy and I started feeling sick whenever I ate food (anything) which I find odd. I went through this before 2 years ago and a ultrasound, bloodwork and a CAT scan revealed nothing but liver cysts that don't usually cause problems. Those pains went away odd enough... So here I am back to feeling the same hurt as I did 2 years ago... I decided I would treat myself to a hot bath Wednesday evening. I laid in that hot water for a good half hour before i decided i should shave my hairy legs (hehe tammy fat n' furry). I then looked down and noticed one ankle was more swollen than the other and it sort of hurt. a little weirded out i went down after my hot bath and iced my ankle since it started to hurt. I went to work the next 2 days finding it hurt more and more and started to bruise.. I had been planning on going to Wolfville's walk in clinic where my family doctor 'happened' to be working that weekend. I was only going for my yearly girly 'check up' since i couldn't get into my doctor AT ALL. Me and my dad packed up ourselves and headed to Wolfville Sunday after I finished my Terry Myers' ride.. Come to find out my ankle is a ligament sprain. Woohoo? Well kind of sucks since I work at a vet clinic and i'm constantly on my feet all day long for 8 hours. My doctor prescribed me physio so I got an urgent call from Soldiers Memorial Hospital in Middleton to come in Wednesday for a referral.

Beyond my story... Terry Myers is an amazing man... He has taught me to lower my expectations on myhorse and my frustrations.. Harder said than done my friends. It is so hard to NOT get angry and annoyed with your horse and not to fight with them. I have been going to Terry's clinics for about 2 years now and although habits are hard to break, within the 2 years I have faught less with my horse. Zip still tries to fight me but I then give him nothing to fight against and he gives up eventually... I also learned equitation is not always on how you are sitting on your horse but how you ride your horse and to get your elbows out of your sides to loosen not only your own shoulders but YOUR HORSES as well. And you know what? Lightning, Firebug and RobinsKelticBuckaroo can ALL vouche for that! (I know you are on here too Jocelyn but I can't remember your ID lol). Hooray girls - we all came out of Terry's clinic with results and something to work on and less fight and more ride :D

I also learned some new things about barrels. I just walked and trotted some of the things i learned for barrels but so far they have worked and my horses shoulder doesn't drop in and he doesn't go as wide on the first barrel. I've learned a lot for that also. Which means more fun to teach my horse and to SLOW DOWN and perfect the turns before speeding things up to the next level.

I'm sure I could keep going on but i choose not to and to upload a few photos so you all can laugh at my horse and my misfortunes
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 am

So what do you have to do to treat a ligament sprain? It's a good thing that you shaved your legs before you ended up at the doctors. Otherwise he may have been too scared to concentrate on your actual injury. lol!

It sounds like you really benefited from the clinic. And remember that horses are like men (but better looking) - if you don't fight back then they don't have anything to fight about and will eventually do what you wanted in the first place.

Are you still able to ride with your boo-boo? Make sure you let yourself heal completely NOW or you'll end up with lots of problems down the road. When you get home from work put the leg up and hop onto ME. We'll try to keep you entertained!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 am

Way to go girl!!!!! I think I am going to take the one in Oct if it isn't to cold.... I hope you feel better ((( Hugs ))) Babes...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:23 am

hey....I'm hurt........you didnt mention anything about me being part of your highlight at the Apple Blossom Show. Oooh Pain but worth it 336163
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 am

She's probably trying to block that part out JJ!
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:54 am

So true Sherri!!!! I am my horses' biggest problem. I fight with her so much.
I told Terry on Sat I was the Queen of pull. He didn't believe me until Sun.
I think the only thing I didn't have problems with was my barrels LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

PostSubject: Re: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:01 am

the barrels weren't as easy at first but i worked on them and got it int he end!!!

JJ, I still love you and you definitely are one of the highlights. There is just so much I could have put in those paragraphs I had toe dit. lol

Queen Puller - it is VERy hard not to fight and get pull!

COLD CJ?! October won't be cold, it will be crispy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oooh Pain but worth it   Oooh Pain but worth it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oooh Pain but worth it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: