Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neglected Horses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

Neglected Horses Empty
PostSubject: Neglected Horses   Neglected Horses Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:35 pm

As most of you all know I work at the local vet clinic in town. I had a client drop off pictures to be given to the Large Animal Vet to over view. They were photos of neglected horses turned out in a pasture. Cracks in their hooves up to their flesh and toes overgrown and dry. Other pictures were of a mare with eyes so swollen and full of puss and discharge it was enough to make you gag. I passed the photos onto the vet who then called Agriculture to report the animal neglect which is great and I hope they do something like SEIZE THE HORSES.
When I was looking at the horse with the discharge from her eyes I thought she looks awfully familiar. We got a call from the client who brought the pictures in and told us the horse used to be at a boarding facility a couple months ago and this man had recently been 'given' this horse and she was apparently crazy. As soon as those words came out I knew who's horse it used to be. (and no she was NOT crazy) A VERY good friend of mine. I couldn't believe it was the same horse so I went on Facebook (God love Facebook) and looked at pictures of the horse and compared the markings on the neglected horse and then the loved horse. Sure enough it was the exact horse I thought it was.
Due to confidential reasons I cannot release this information to this young girl and I cannot tell her that the horse she grew up with all these years is in this type of situation. I am heartbroken and my eyes well up in tears every single time I think about it, knowing that that horse had gone 18 years of love and kindness to all of sudden no contact or love from anyone. Who is now being chased around a field by a half cryptorchide stallion in the same pasture. I wish there was a way I could get this poor girl to find out and find her horse a better place than where she is now..
I just had to share this because it is awful and devastating and a tough situation.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

Neglected Horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neglected Horses   Neglected Horses Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 pm

I think i know who you mean :(:( i really hope something gets done
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Neglected Horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neglected Horses   Neglected Horses Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:20 pm

if anyone "thinks" they know who the horse is, perhaps THEY can contact the old owner and have her look into it. I TOTALLY get the confidentiality issue - it must be ripping you apart!
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

Neglected Horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neglected Horses   Neglected Horses Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:52 am

Well the client who reported it has a pretty 'large mouth'. I'm sure the word will spread. The Doctor of Agriculture is going to look into the horses herself. Woot, let's hope for the best. FIngers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Neglected Horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neglected Horses   Neglected Horses Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Good luck! Things have to be pretty bad before the authorities can do anything :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neglected Horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neglected Horses   Neglected Horses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neglected Horses
Page 1 of 1