Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Pasture

Go down 
+3
just joan
Tammy
mountaincowgirl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:56 pm

So I was going to keep Gunner home all summer and attempt to send his yellow hide over a very "few" cross rails but had the opportunity to turn him out with a draft mare as a companion animal for the summer. Cha-ching! One less to feed and worry about overly much. The occasional every second day visit on the way home from work yada yada. You get the idea! So I jumped at the chance. Kinda desperately I might add. 5 is a lot of work.
So the day came to take him to the pasture. Loaded like a pro.... of course he is going to be 21 and should know what he is doing by now... went through picked up the elderly mare with the "keep Gunner in line attitude" (more on that to come).... and drove through the subdivision in Kentville and out to the pasture. Well we drive through what appears to be one of the best cropped hay fields this season and out onto the dykes. Open the back of the trailer, drop the chain and BANG Gunner slams back in his "horsey" enthusiasm and breaks the only damn remaining rope I think I own (his leather halter is intact, about all that has saved him at this point) Summer Pasture 570740 and proceeds to charge down the field on the WRONG SIDE OF THE BLASTED FENCE

So the first 30 minutes (which is not too bad) was spent catching a loose horse that is going to have all summer to remain that way and placing his buttercup on the RIGHT side of the fence! Of course no thistle show is complete without PICS... So compliments of the truck passengers I give you pics...

Oh and oldsaddlebags... I didn't kick his pixie I promise. Summer Pasture 965462
However, I think I'm going to enjoy the summer. It will give me plenty of time to calm down and regroup
Summer Pasture 989857

The Very 1st Picture...Off to a good start....
Summer Pasture Pissed

Summer Pasture Pasture

Summer Pasture Pasture2

Summer Pasture Pasture3

It looks like I'm throwing a fit and about to wail him in this last pic but I'm trying to wrap the damn rope around the halter.

So that part of the escapade is OVER... Thank God. That was a nice rope too. Horse Loverz here I come. Anyway... The good news is I will be able to afford some now that I'm not feeding the glutton!
He loves the pasture. Typical guy! Does not even have to put his head all the way down to eat. This will save him energy so he won't get a "man cold" this winter! And to boot he has an exceptionally cute little lady to spend his days with!

Summer Pasture Pasture6

Summer Pasture Pasture5

Summer Pasture Pasture9

Summer Pasture Pasture8

Summer Pasture Pasture4 Summer Pasture 757770
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Your face in the first picture is PRICELESS, and pretty much says it all. Never a dull moment at your place, eh? The horses look like they've died and gone to heaven in that pasture. What I wouldn't give to have it at my place. Rocks just aren't as appealing!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:08 pm

nice crop of pix and hay......lovely
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
naughty by nature

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

agree with tammy first picture is awesome lol

You horse is very handsome
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:58 pm

I agree too, first pic says it all! But looks like it was all well worth it, lovely pasture! My horses would be very jealous of all that grass!
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:53 am

Naughty... Yeah Gunner is handsome. Sometimes that works in his favor. Like those moments, or the ones that he finds himself in a mud hole after a bath, or "teasing" my mares. He should have a good summer. I don't think they will run out of food Summer Pasture 368450
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm

lol, love the facial expressions... lol!
Typical male... he was enjoying food too much to even pay attention to his new lady friend.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:20 pm

LOVE the picture story!! Your boy is so handsome.. be hard to get mad at him.. or at least stay mad. Lovely field they are in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Pasture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Pasture   Summer Pasture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Pasture
Page 1 of 1