Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arizona and I showed!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MSFarm

Arizona and I showed! Empty
PostSubject: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:17 am

Yeasterday Ari and I went to our first real show!
Havelock horse show!
You know how the day is going to go when you need an ice pack before you even get your horse on the trailer to head out!
While bathing Ari's tie got caught up on something and he totaly lost it. So I Hurried to get him untied but he was thrashing around too much and before I could get him free he swung his head into the side of mine at full force. My first chipped tooth ever! Everything still works and today its feeling better.

as for the show.

we went in 5 classes. Trail, Barrels open, Barrels SR, Poles SR and Keyhole

Trail was just to get him in the ring... And he is NORMALY great in trail... He would not do one thing in trail. NOTHING so it was a total mess and abit embarrassing o well. so no time for that.

Barrels open, he spooked at the second barrel and tried to go back to the gate. thus setting us off course. No time. *did complete the pattern

Barrels SR.... Did a good first barrel till we knocked it and it spooked him and he ran for home. Thus No time.

now poles. He ran up came through the poles lovely turn to go back up the poles... he spooked and ran for home. No time.

Keyhole. We jogged up to the keyhole did a fairly good turn for jogging and RAN home. 22 sec .05

And guess what. I'm happy with the show.
He did not rear up, he did not rear up and fall over backward. He did not refuse to go into the ring, he did not try to kick another horse. he did not loose his little mind out side the ring.
No one got hurt (AT THE SHOW) and we came away with alot of experience so I'm really happy. nothing wrong with that.

Can't wait for the petty show in Aug. That one is just games all day long. and lot of my friends are going to it and have agreed to stay the night before! its going to be a blast!
Between now and then I have to find a place to work with Ari.
Around home its good to trail ride but can't really do any ring work.

LB Ranch was there too at havelock she got some AWESOME photos! I'm sure we can get her to post some here for you. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:02 pm

All in all the weekend was superb, Ari looks great and I can see him as a trail riding horse (out of the ring) as he didnt mind cars/people or other things as you rode around. As for the ring that takes time, though he should have done the bridge as that is one of the things he learned in the first 30 days under saddle and he went over one many times then. Got lots of pics of both days, but here are some of Ari and Mcreiner to show how good they looked together
Arizona and I showed! 36943_10150218818370192_512275191_13411622_833110_n

Arizona and I showed! 36943_10150218818745192_512275191_13411642_5735576_n
Arizona and I showed! 36943_10150218819575192_512275191_13411683_1058985_n
Arizona and I showed! 36943_10150218819580192_512275191_13411684_5961601_n
Arizona and I showed! 36943_10150218819615192_512275191_13411689_3449190_n
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Nice pictures. It's great to hear that you were happy with your day. One step at a time is the way to go. They don't improve if they don't get the exposure. Good for you! Lots of people won't take their horses anywhere unless they are "perfect", but they don't do anything to improve them. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:49 pm

I was just about stunned when he did not like the bridge. Last year we went to a fun raiser and went into a trail class and he did fairly well. went right over the bridge.
But it was his first time in the ring and he was already a bit spooked with the people in the little viewing room thingy.
But I'm still glad we went into the class to get him in the ring for the games.
Should have went Friday night I guess. we probably have alot more relaxed.
Over all we both had fun. He met a new friend (my good friends grey gelding) and did GREAT waiting for classes and walking around the show grounds.
Yeah, he would just about go anyways I pointed him out side the ring. even when they started a tractor to move it (not too sure why they did that, it was just about in the middle of the horses who were waiting for their class. at least one horse reared up because of the tractor. another one was starting to spook so the tractor started did not help at all. but the rider was able to kick free when the horse was about to fall backward while rearing. That was kind of scary to be so close and not be able to do much.)
The only thing that really bothered Ari outside the ring was a blue power cord but after going over it a couple times he was better.
And standing near mares or bossy geldings. lol
An other horse looks at him wrong and he turns tail and runs. or even if he thinks they pinned their ears back.

But I would not change him. he is such a good boy. just needs some miles and more training. his personality is A++++
could not ask for more!

As soon as he got in the pasture he greeted everyone and then him and Harold ran off to play. it was cute!

And again! THANKS for taken those AWESOME photos! they really turned out wonderful!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 pm

That second picture down of you and Ari, is a stunner... one worth framing. He is a very handsome dude. Quite the eye catcher. Its great you were content with how you guys did at the show. I bet he will be even calmer next show.

lb_ranch took some very nice photos of you both.
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 pm

thanks

YES! she did! I'm soo excited with some of them! Will be framing some of them! She did an amazing job!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am

well done.......you stayed the course and finished all the classes regardless of how nervous and anxious you felt.....give yourself a big pat on the back for not just backing out............the pictures LB took are really good.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 am

in Trail we did and in Open Barrels.
in Sr Barrels and Poles I did not finish. I should have and I'm kicking myself for not restarting and just walking him though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona and I showed!   Arizona and I showed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arizona and I showed!
Page 1 of 1