Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DONE! YAY!

Go down 
+5
Freva
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Tammy
lb-ranch
mountaincowgirl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 am

This past weekend we put the last of this years hay crop in the barn. YAY!!!! Had perfect weather, lots of help, a few drinks, lots of laughs.
On top of it all my new truck was broke in in the hay field. Will hold over 70 bales without protesting! lol!

Now I can kick back knowing that over 900 bales are stowed away from the weather and my critters can eat for another year!
DONE! YAY! 682614

200 bales less than normal but I had left overs from last season...

It's a GOOD Day DONE! YAY! 368450
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am

That is a very satisfying feeling, I love seeing a full hay loft. sadly we're a couple weeks behind everyone else up here, got about 1/3 of ours in by midnight last night, hope to do another 1/3 later this week, then second cut and rolls late august.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:04 am

I'm still on the hunt for hay around here. They've only just started to cut. My supplier from last year isn't cutting this year, which leaves our equine community short 8400 bales. I'm hoping I can find some local instead of having to buy some "from away". The $10/bale (about 40 lbs) puts too much of a dent in the old pocketbook. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Ahhh, I can't imagine paying $10/square bale Tammy, insane!

Congrats on getting your hay in MC. When I hear/think of all of you slaving out in the heat we've had the last few days I'm glad I buy my hay as I need it throughout the winter.....
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 pm

The hay season is just starting in our area. It is really hot and humid this week so not the ideal weather. We have been feeding out what we had left over from last year so the loft will be full of new hay.....love the smell. Thumbs up to everyone who has the task behind them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
teekathepony

teekathepony

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm

That's awesome!

I have about a month and a half worth of hay left and my supplier should be cutting any day. We get it off the field as soon as it's cut, so unless we have a terrible July for weather, I should be just fine.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 am

woo hoo for you..............wanna come cut mine..........i have a lovely 12 acre field not being cut again this year.........but instead of putting away 4oo for my guys.........I only need 150 ......and maybe less.....that I can pick up 4 or 6 at a time and have enough room upstairs in the barn for a DANCE..........
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tango

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:21 pm

We've started. We haul a wagon behind the tractor and baler and stack the wagon as they come off the baler. As my Mother in law and I were stacking the wagon and I was sweating and chaffing in places I forgot could sweat, I had to wonder why I have horses lol. And we hadn't even got around to unloading yet. At least the kids are old enough to help. They had loaded the first wagon, but it is on a hill and some of the bales slid off, luckily no kids went with it, but it scared them a bit. So they were charged with getting us all supper and unloading the wagons.

We still have lots to do, we keep cattle as well. Although the comments a few have made about their hay suppliers not haying has me wondering what the horse community will do as farmers retire and there is no one to take their place. Farming is still fairly hard work and it seems very few are choosing it as a vocation any more.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Woo woo! First load in the loft - and the boys needed the wagon, so they came back and helped hubby put it up...Sweet!
Now we need another load for the other shed, and were done, too...unfortunately, we can only get one load from the first guys - they do us up a wagon more as a favor, they use all round bales with the cattle, other than one wagon full for the spring calves. Too bad, it's real nice hay too! But it sure feels good to have it started!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DONE! YAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DONE! YAY!   DONE! YAY! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DONE! YAY!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: