Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boarder Issue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Boarder Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Boarder Issue    Boarder Issue  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm

For those of you who board horses, what do you do if someone pays late almost every month? And for those of you who board, do you always pay on time? My board is due on the 1st and I expect it then, or at least a phone call or email to explain whats going on.

I feel like I should ask this person to leave but I worry that she can't afford the horse and I don't want the animal to end up in a bad situation. I'm trying to be empathetic, but I depend on my board money to pay MY bills. Late once and awhile would be fine but this is an ongoing issue. I've had super boarders in the past who always paid on time and wish I didn't have to deal with this. I tried contacting this person almost a week ago to find out what's happening this time and she hasn't responded.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Boarder Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boarder Issue    Boarder Issue  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 pm

I always have a written agreement with a specified Late fee and other things like NSF fees and also a clause for stablemans lien in the event they totally skip out. Once or twice in a year with a very good reason I may tolerate (still collecting the late fee), more than that I'd evoke the termination clause in my agreement and give them the boot. Rarely do things improve when it's a repeating type thing, odds are this habit will only get worse.
Back to top Go down
barnmom

Boarder Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boarder Issue    Boarder Issue  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:14 pm

You could insist on postdated cheques! They don't want the bounce fees either!!!
Have you sat down with them and discussed this with them? Some people don't seem to think it is a big deal!!
I usually don't have much trouble with my boarders, But every once in a while you run into one who just doesn't consider it a problem and they should be corrected very quickly so it doesn't bacome a habit!! If that doesn't work I would evict, This can not become your problem or it will turn into one big hassle after another!!!

Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

Boarder Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boarder Issue    Boarder Issue  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:11 am

I know of at least one stable down here that charges an extra $5.00 a day for every day you are late.
Back to top Go down
barnmom

Boarder Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boarder Issue    Boarder Issue  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 am

I think thats a great Idea Deb!! 5.00 a day might make them pay quicker!!!
I think alot of times when you have a small facility you worry about the repore that you have with your boarders and sometimes you let them get away with to much because you don't want to start bad feelings, Alot of people hate dicussing money, but when your a barn owner and taking in boarders some people will try to take advantage and if you don't kick it in the but fast it gets worse the longer you don't say anything!!!
If people would just let you know a head of time, everyonce in a while you don't mind but if it becomes a habit it starts to make you angry and then you don't handle it as well and bad feelings are sure to happen!!
Good luck barefoot!
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Boarder Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boarder Issue    Boarder Issue  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:58 am

Maybe your boarder could make bi-weekly payments rather than monthly? If this person has more than one horse and can't make board payments, it may be time for them to downsize to what they can handle financially. But regardless, that is not your problem......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boarder Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boarder Issue    Boarder Issue  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boarder Issue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: