Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atropine eye drops

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
amadtatter

amadtatter

Atropine eye drops Empty
PostSubject: Atropine eye drops   Atropine eye drops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi out there
Does anyone out there have any experience with atropine eye drops causing the eye to look greenish/gold in colour and slighty cloudy?
I didn't notice any cloudiness prior to administering the drops...wondering if I missed it, or if it a result of the meds.
Curious....
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

Atropine eye drops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atropine eye drops   Atropine eye drops Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:35 am

Before you were given the drops did your vet test the eye? The greenish color you see could still be the results of the dye used during the test. Which causes a fluorescent effect making any marks, knicks, ulcers etc easily visible under light. Of course if it's been quite a number of days this is unlikely.

I had no problem with my mare when she was on them for an eye ulcer except her sensitivity to light lasted longer once she was done with them. The vet told me it was more than likely because of her blue eyes.
My best guess is that the cloudiness is a result of the meds, probably working! However, my advice to you is don't assume that's what it is. I would at least make a call to the vet and see if this is a common occurrence (whatever the horse is being treated for) while on these drops. You don't want to mess around with eye problems. So make the call! Atropine eye drops 561245
Back to top Go down

Atropine eye drops
Page 1 of 1