Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........

Go down 
+3
lb-ranch
C4B's
just joan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Empty
PostSubject: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:54 am

Saturday morning, C4B. Sooke and I set out to go accross the water to Moonshadows and pick up Bernadette for her Cape Breton Tour.......We made great time down for the 11.15 ferry, the sailing was glorioius......takes about 1.15 on the little boat......any way, we land and Moonshadow is not 5 mins ffrom the terminal.........scoot over.........and am expecting you know, baloons, a brass band, anything.......but nope....not a soul in sight except Greg cutting away quite contentedly with the lawnmower..........so of course, being me, I go storming up to the door.......banging and knocking screaming for the attention we should be due..............then I forgot/remembered the dogs................thistle, happened so fast............they were a blurr........out the goddamned door like a rocket before I could react...........now I felt like an pixie.......but no way I'm catching them...........so both Diana and Bernadette had chosen THAT MOMENT...........to go piddle and didnt hear us come in..............Diana\s daughter Jazz was visiting also and I hadnt seen her in a few year........Kids sure grow up fast when you are not watching./............anyway......back to meeting the LASS.............

she may be little in stature, but she sure makes up for it in TRY.......Fearless, funny, friendly , a real treat to be around.

I'M try to select out of the hundreds of pix which ones to post on photobucket........what a pain in the pixie that is

so this is not nearly done............got a few installments coming, but gotta sort the pix out so they make sense.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am

ok............gonna run a few in at a time.........
SOOKE
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0199

C4B
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0200-2

CAROL FOUND A CAR WITH HER NAME ON IT
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0203-3

C4B MEETING MOONSHADOW.
NO CAROL IS NOT A GIANT............DIANA IS A MIDGET

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0207

i get to grab her

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0211-1

then sprinkle her with purple sparkly thistle

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0213-1

AT THIS POINT I think she was a little worried about us..........Diana is way more her size, and here we come, bounding in like we are almost in our right minds........hahahaha...........oh well............

SOOKE actually looking at the camera.......haha
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0217-1

DIANA OF COURSE HAD CAKE....AND THATS jAZZ ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HER
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0216-1

FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE.......IN FOR ONE OUT BY THREE...........then onto the ferry and away.........wooo hoo
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... P8140033

the LASS, HAMMING IT UP

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... P8140036

Last edited by just joan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am

We found a super little car along the highway just her size
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0221-1

stop in St. Peters for an Ice cap for Ainsley and Carol.........tea and coffee for us normal folks
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0224-1

but we are almost back home..........so its one last go to the barn
finally, time for a drink and supper

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0227

we ate by christmas and candle light...........SORRY NO PIX OF THAT

tomorrow is our big adventure...........SURFING CAPE BRETON.//////////WOOOO HOOO

Last edited by just joan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

AFTER we ate and had a couple of drinks it was definately bed time........the Journey had been the adventure for the day..........LONG DAY......but was good.............

SUNDAY MORNING........UP WITH THE LARK...........THINK I'LL TAKE A SURF IN THE SEA........

SO, run around get chores done, the kid and I have some brekky.....and we are just about jumping in the truck when C4B comes hauling in the driveway.........that was a really good surprise, as we had not expected her and she is NOTORIOUS FOR ALWAYS BEING LATE..........so, our photographer on hand, off we go.........

carol testing the water for us
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0192-1

I know the sign says no surf........but by the time we were actually in the water..........SURFS UP!!!!!!!
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... P8150059

the kid looks terrific.......and I look like a STORMTROOPER FROM STARWARS.........hahaha.....but look at the colour.......

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... P8150062

I thought the board was gonna just knock her over
BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... P8150078-1

the instructor trying to give us pointers...........I said dont bother.......I wont be getting UP.....but safety rules are he has to tell us how to get up.....even if we cant.......so once in the water I let Bernadette have him and I just played all by myself.......BUT SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... P8150066

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... P8150089

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0197-3

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0217-2

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0204-1

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0224-2

TOTALLY WIPED OUT.........EXHAUSTED............WHAT A WORK OUT

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0230-1

Last edited by just joan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 am

You are a genius at this stuff........ great so far!!!!!! We gave Amanda a tour of Sydney last night all photos on her camera so she will post them at a later date !!! and put her on the ferry at 11.30 did not get home till 12.30 and i hit my bed and fell into a deep sleep !!! looking forward to hearing about the next leg of her journey and the rest of your story Joan !!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

Sunday afternoon was tricky, we had been invited to TEEKATHEPONYS wedding shower, but no way we were getting to Sydney in time for that.......so back to the barn for lunch and we were all supposed to go to Carols to do a Video for Cripplecowgirl but Carol had bale elevator trouble and had to go find parts........so Bernadette and I went out looking for something to GET UP TO................HAHAHAHA..............CLIMB A FIRE TOWER........thats a definate UP........

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0187-1

HAD WE KNOWN WE WERE GONNA DO THIS............she may have worn pants instead of a skirt........so I promised no knicker shots

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0191-1

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0193-1

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0194-3

then I let her drive the truck down to Loch Lomond

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0197-2

went home, had missed Sooke, who must have gone bye while we were up the fire tower...........turned on a movie, poured a couple of drinks and some snacks .......I put on my travelling pjs and then I talked her to sleep......hahaha....was good.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 am

It's now Monday and she boards the BIG FERRY for NFLD and Tammys tonight so we gotta pack as much as we can into today..............first off |Canoeing down at Sookes.............there is not one picture of that event.......but, the story is..........I never once thought to ask her if she had ever been in a canoe before........I just assumed it was one of the many things she had done ....along with skydiving etc.........canoeing seemed pretty tame...........well turns out she hadnt.........and thank god Ainsley was there cause I couldnt tell the front from the back and was gonna make Bernadette sit facing the wrong way with her knees up to her chin ...........I really did think it looked peculiar, but not all makes of canoes are the same............well once Sooke ever to tactfully made me aware which end was the front.....I gave Amanda the short paddle and I took the rear and the engine stroke..........we were wearing PFD's just so you know..........and off we sort of went........mostly in circles.......it was then I asked her about her canoeing skills...........so I made her just sit with the paddle on her lap till I firgured out what the Bleeding heart I was doing........and then off we went for about an hour...............now you add this upper body workout to the one we had yesterday, by the time we had a cup of tea with Ainsley and it was almost 30 degrees.........I'm starting to wear out a little.......so we opted just to go back to the barn and chill...........Amanda caught up on the computer and I had a quick nap......then we tackled poor old bear.....Amanda was terrific helping me trim his tail and all that mess down the back of his legs.........then , as we had been invited back to Carols for supper and she was then going to take Amanda to the ferry(I dont drive in the dark)...we figured we should get some pics of her with my crew.

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0190-1

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0194-4

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0200-1

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0202-2

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... DSCI0203-2

Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:09 am

NOW, THIS IS MY FINAL CHAPTER...............

sometimes we all know thistle just happens........and things dont always work out, and if its not raining its pouring......yadda yadda yadda.............

off we go up to C$B's, gonna have some supper and make that video.............NOT...........we get in the driveway and Carol is just beside herself, totally freaking and wanting to bite people and strike off their heads........apparently there is an INTERESTED PARTY coming to View her place........a little more than slightly unexpected, and Carols hubby had sworn he had TIDIED UP.........CAROLS PLACE IS THE SIZE OF WINDSOR CASTLE..........you cant just take 5mins and tidy up............anyway, she says, please go away and I will come pick up Amanda later........well, you know thats NOT gonna happen.........So I looked at the Kid and said......Guess we better dive in here and help clean this up............so thats what we did...........and then we had time to spare to eat.......the dishes went into the car I think because we didnt want to mess up the sink.............I SAID A VERY UNTEARFUL GOODBYE to the kid........we hugged, and i THANKED HER ........then told her she would be fine with Carol, Rob and the two bulldogs with the dishes in the car to take her to the ferry.................and that was the end of Bernadettes short stop with me.......THE END.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:00 pm

I cant imagine how she's fitting so much into such a short time.
No Fair .... I wanna go surfing BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 336163
and the fire tower would be right up my daughters alley.
gonna have to come rent your bunk house some time so we can have fun too, (minus the drinksies for us though) but we're just as fun with lots of caffeine, coffee/chocolate/timmies :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:12 pm

THATS FINE BY ME..........we dont usually drink either..............
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Quote :
THATS FINE BY ME..........we dont usually drink either..............

heheheh BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 552227 BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 574459
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 pm

WOOZERS!!!! You all sure managed to squeeze alot of stuff in a very short time span. I knew she would be royally entertained and have a scream with you Capers!
Haahaha.. High light of her visit to PEI would be grocery shopping.. BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Lol

I'm sure she will have just as much fun with Tammy... looking forward to seeing and hearing all about those adventures too!

Ohh and just for clarification.... Carol is a giant!! and of course I am a midget.. the two of us should do a display and make some loot!! BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 584417
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:46 pm

shut up wissy.............only when there is company you chooch............ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Sure....... I'll believe that BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 552227

What an awesome bunch of pictures and stories to go with them. I wanna try the surfing too - minus the wetsuit. OMG that would be horrendus lol!

Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:35 pm

MS.. I do look like a giant besides you but i am only 5'9" the rest of the females in my family are 6'... and you are a midget but at least you look cute !!!!!!!!

I have to say a huge thank you to JJ and Bernadette for helping with the big clean up. (and stopping me from commiting murder) .... not what Amanda thought she would be doing on her vacation !!!! she should be arriving in NF very shortly... i am looking forward to the next installment !!!!

JJ maybe you should get some boogie / body boards for survivor Cape Breton style!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Wow...what an adventure bernie is having...she is a great sport and a peach to have around!!!! I am glad she is getting to do some exciting stuff....aside from our whale watching trip ...there is very little to do around here.....the highlight of her visit here was when we broke into the abandoned Amish house at my brother's farm and I ripped the seat of my pants......grocery shopping is definitely a step up from that!!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful visit with Diana...I just knew she would have some cakes or pies hanging around...yummy!!!!

Cape Breton looks absolutely beautiful....I think all of our provinces have their own unique beauty to them......I can just imagine the mischief that Tammy and Amanda will get into...good thing they have little Kayla around to keep them in line...lol Should have some interesting stories for sure!!!

I am looking forward to Amanda coming back and enjoying her company a little bit longer......but I am so not looking forward to the airport.... BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 336163

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:49 pm

C4B and Dexy....I sort of suggested the same thing about the surfing/boogey boarding for the survivor weekend......then again...they might have to close the beach down due to unruly behavior...hmmmmm???
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm pretty sure come October the water will not be 19 degrees......and I dont know many of us that own wetsuits.......the rental place closes and moves to Mexico at the end of August...... BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 510297 BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 750249 BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 814562 BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... 55920
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:14 pm

I had much smaller WATER FEATURES in mind for the camp.......nowhere near the size and depth of the ATLANTIC OCEAN..........HAHAHAHA.........BUT IF YOU ALL WANNA TRY.........WE CAN GO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........   BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BERNADETTE COMES TO CAPE BRETON..........
Page 1 of 1