Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trail Gal

KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Empty
PostSubject: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Rio is a 20 year old 15.2 hh chestnut quarter horse. I bought him to trail ride with about 4 years ago.

The first year I hacked him he was perfect. The next year he started to jog on the hack, but the jogging escalated to the barrel racing behaviour and he didn’t want to settle and do a “flat” walk on a hack unless he is tuckered out first by, let’s say, a good gallop up a road. He’s had a barrel racing career in his past. He’ll walk after that then eventually again resorts to jigging along and tossing his head. He wants to go but he won’t take off on you—he’s a good, honest boy. He is NOT dirty. He does not take off, buck, or rear. I have never felt unsafe on him at any time. I just find it annoying and I don’t wish to take the time to work with him. He’s only been ridden about a dozen times in the past year and a half, so if someone took the time to work with him he’d be fine I’m sure. He’s the type of horse that can get excited but then stand around and go to sleep—guess that’s kind of typical of horses in the barrel racing scene.

A 17 year old girl tried him out last evening in the riding ring and she was a VERY good experienced rider…she rode him well and understood what he was originally trained for. If it weren’t for his age…she may have taken him as she really liked him. So he would need someone with her experience or someone who could take lessons and learn how to work with him.

This horse is practically bombproof. He has never spooked at anything....huge vehicles, pheasants taking off in the woods, those “spooky” windy days do not bother him, etc. Ride him on the road, trail, doesn’t matter.

He is a kind soul. He is low on the pecking order. He loads on a trailer like a dream. He is lovely to work around—very conscious of the human. He is kind to smaller animals, dogs, goats, etc. He is NOT a candidate for 24-7 no shelter set up--he needs a stall. He needs to be blanketed all winter as he does not develop a good winter coat and does not have the means to say warm. He has high narrow withers but I have a Thorowgood High Wither synthetic saddle that fits him perfectly…and a western one that fits him so-so. I would sell his tack and winter blankets to his new owner if they wanted them. Rio maintains his weight, he does not get fat. In the winter, in addition to his grain, he gets soaked beet pulp, ground flax, and corn oil.

Previous owners used him for: babysitter in with their foals, babysitter in the same stall with a young horse, barrel racing, western pleasure classes, riding lessons (where he didn’t work out as he was “waiting to go”). I obtained this information by tracking down previous owners as far as I could go (only a few years). He came from Maine apparently…his papers burned in a house fire I was told. Every person told me how bombproof he was, safe, and sweet.

I would like to either find him a home as a companion…or find someone who would enjoy working with him. He is a very special boy.

Thanks.

If you have the means to care for this horse...please CONTACT ME BY E-MAILING ME AT srobbins@hrsb.ns.ca BUT PLEASE NOTE: I will not be able to access messages until Thursday, August 26th.

KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME HPIM1710
KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME HPIM1706
KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME HPIM1712
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:33 am

Come on ladies lets help this poor horse out he needs someone to love and care for him.. He is a sweet heart and would love to have someone else love him besides his owner now.. He would make a great friend for some elses horse or even a nice trail horse . He needs some muscel built up on his back and than your are good to go.. Ladies we have a horse in need lets all put our heads together and help find this fine boy a home we have 3 weeks before his owner has to move so i know we have helped others in need lets help RIO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 am

If I could afford board for another horse I would consider him, I've looked at this ad several times because he seems to be what I'd like in a horse (trained, safe trail horse with a bit of umph! to kick it up a notch in the arena) but until I move to my own place, no more horsies for me, board breaks the pocket books.
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 am

That's awful. I saw this add and repeatedly went back and forth on it. I can't imagine how his owner is feeling right now ;(

If I didn't think I would be hung up and quartered I would pick him up tomorrow. I'll keep trying but I might lose the barn in the divorce KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME 778478
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:29 am

Good News Rio got a great new home!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 am

YEAH.................... :cowboyhound.gi :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 am

Awesome News!!!!!

:cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME   KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KIND GENTLE SOUL...LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME
Page 1 of 1