Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...

Go down 
+3
Fiere
mountaincowgirl
charlo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
charlo

Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Empty
PostSubject: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:46 am

If you just lost a baby -miscarriage, what would you like done for you?

Flowers
note from someone to let you know they are thinking of you
Nothing

etc??

It would of been 1st baby lost at 11 weeks...

Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:23 am

Oh tough question. I think that with so much emotion swilling around it is very unlikely that I would want a lot of outside stuff going on.

I think I would keep it simple and try to avoid the situation in a direct way. I would have a third party deliver flowers, with a quick note sending my sympathies.
Of course I don't handle those situations well.

Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:35 am

Oh really tough. If it were me I wouldn't want flowers or people talking about it. Just a few close friends offering support in case I ever wanted to bring it up. That being said, everyone is different. I would say the best thing would be to send this person a email or a phone call and just let them know that you are dreadfully sorry about the circumstances and if they need anything at all to please let you know, and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

PostSubject: Re: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 am

This can be a really hard time. I would just want a card and a hand written note with the offer of love and support.
Back to top Go down
Purple Chaps

PostSubject: Re: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Charlo, (just copied from another board I replied on) when I had my miscarriage (I should have been about 11-15 weeks and growth stopped at seven, this would have been baby #2 for us) I received some flowers from the guys Peter works with on the base, and just a little sympathy card, as well as a card from the CO of the Squadron. It was nice for me to know that people knew and cared. But at the same time wasn't intrusive enough to make me think "gee I wish people would just leave me alone"
Both were very much appreciated on my part, and I even dried some of the roses from the bouquet and added them to an existing bunch of dried roses I had in the dining room as well as the little butterfly decoration that was in with them.

My heart goes out to the person going through this, it's never easy.

:(
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Hard call, that's for sure. I lost #2 at 13 weeks. It was horrible. I'm the type that basically goes underground when anything like this happens - don't want to see or talk to anyone. I just needed time to process it and get over the initial shock. I think a nice card with a little note in it telling the couple that you are there for them if they need anything or a shoulder to grieve on.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:20 am

Yes, a card and maybe flowers, tiny token stuff would be nice. I lost a pregnancy at 9.5 weeks, tubal, before I had Luke. We didn't know if I could have a child after that, so it was particularly hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...   Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not sure topic name, need opinions on sad situation...
Page 1 of 1