Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Likes and Dislikes~ Food

Go down 
+10
Wissy
jazzmint
Sooke
C4B's
mountaincowgirl
teekathepony
just joan
Simi
Fiere
mypony
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

Likes and Dislikes~ Food Empty
PostSubject: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:11 pm

So this is going to be a fun topic, tell us what is your FAVORITE food (meal or item) and your a food or meal that you HATE (now that is a strong word!)

I will start:

Like~ I love strawberry short cake, we even eat it as a meal in my house! I also love roast beef supper (with gravy, potatoes and Yorkshire pudding!)

Dislike~ PEPPERS and spicy food! I HATE hot and spicy food (hot sauce, salsa, anything 'hot', I don't even like pepper!) It is kind of a food phobia, I don't try too many new things if I don't know what it is going to be like, because it 'might' be spicy.

Share your favorite and less favorite food!
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 am

Oh I love this topic. I love food, almost all food. There is very few things I can't eat, and almost nothing I wouldn't try! I find cooking an art, and there is nothing like sitting down to dinner. It's an enjoyable experience.

Loves: My favorite meals would be Lemon Rosemary pork tenderloin with steamed potatoes and hollandaise sauce, garlic and dill buttered shark, and home cooked faves, like Boiled Dinner, Roast Beef/Turkey/Goose suppers, and there is nothing like potato-leek soup and a big hunk of bannock. If it has antlers, I will chase it down myself to eat it. I love wild fowl, too. Also, I have never met a slice of pie I did not like, but seriously, who doesn't love pie? I love fruits too. Oh and chocolate, my god I love chocolate.

Hates: Shellfish. I can suffer through lobster/crab/shrimp (half gagging with every bite), but mussels and clams and stuff turn my stomach completely. Can't stand the texture of that stuff. I've tried eating it every way possible, and I just can't do it. Thinking about it turns my stomach. I also do not like most specialty cheeses. I find a lot of fancy cheese has a moldy sharp taste to it. I like mild, white cheeses.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:31 am

Hmmm Likes are Keylime Pie Love love it, Steak, seafood, stuff like that
hates and I mean hate is PEAS!!! gag me please yuckers gross blah!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:58 am

LOVE EVERYTHING THAT STARTS WITH CH............cheese, chocolate, chips, chicken,

HATE TRIPE, BOILED COD AND OH MY GOD CALAMARI......TASTES LIKE PENCIL ERASERS.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:05 am

I'm SO picky... holy crap. I hate food. If I could live without food, I would in a heartbeat. Ok

Likes: My favourite food is spaghetti. Actually, I love pasta in general. Spinach salad with maple dressing. Fresh home made bread. Chocolate, of course. And chips... they're my absolute downfall.

Dislikes: Can't tolerate any seafood, whether I liked the taste or not (which I don't, so it's all good). Red meat. Chinese food.
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:17 am

There is very little that I don't like actually. Now that I have actually thought about it.
I love carbs, which is probably where my buttercup has come from but I can't help it. Pasta, potatoes, white bread.... Mmmm. God now I'm hungry!

Mashed potatoes and cream potato hash are my all time favorites. It can be served with anything. I'm a huge meat eater too. Pork Roast and fall veggies. Our family hunts so there is always wild game of some sort kicking around. Fish, shellfish... all of it. Of course I'm picky as to how I eat it. Lobster has to be cold, in a sandwich form lol! I love Flounder but it does not love me. I must have an allergy which is so unfair it's not even funny.

Fresh garden veggies, (Hodge podge... I miss summer all ready)

Likes and Dislikes~ Food 336163

I Hate (I mean with a passion) chick peas, lentils and beans... It's the texture. Cripes. . . Sticks to the roof of your mouth or something.... yack... Likes and Dislikes~ Food 641609

Awesome topic by the way. Now I wanna go home and cook!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Fiere..i want to come to your place for dinner..made my mouth water just reading your post.

I like nearly everything....

Don't like (have never tried but would not eat ) Horse meat, snails, frogs legs..snake.....clams
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 am

My mouth watered typing my post. I haven't had a decent meal in a week. Busy busy busy. Having a visitor would give me an excuse to cook something really extravagant, though! Whoohoo! (the SO doesn't appreciate food, makes me sad to go all out for him to coat it in ketchup and eat it like a pig in a trough. Men.)
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 am

Had to really think on this one...I love way too many things, and my favourite is whatever I'm cooking at the moment...dislikes are curries, and shellfish...I heard a fabulous saying by Miss Piggy last night that sums it up for me...'Why would I want to eat something slimy served on on an ashtray?'....
Back to top Go down
jazzmint

jazzmint

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:12 pm

All of this food sounds so yummy, even the dislikes. I haven't been able to eat much because of this never-ending stomach flu I have :(

Likes: I'm a salt fiend. I looove nachos with extra cheese, veggies, and a pile of sour cream. None of that hot stuff though.

Dislikes: Mayo, I don't even qualify mayo as a food. Same with Kraft singles.. 99% plastic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mintyfreshhhh
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 pm

ummm yummm.. I will eat anything except .. kraft friggin diner.. bleck.. my favorite is ribs.. bbq'd ribs.. love them.. and pumkin pie, honey made me one this week.. it was soooooooooooooooo good..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:43 am

DISLIKES: healthy crap!

pretty simple if you ask me. lol!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 am

I love food topics...

I think my favorite all time food is potatoes... they are so versatile.. In the summer there is nothing more mouthwatering than newly scrubbed boiled in the skins, new baby potatoes, served with whipped butter, seasoned with salt and pepper. In the winter, chowing down on a crispy skinned baked potato topped with sour cream and grated cheddar cheese.... or in the fall a perfect side to a roast beast dinner, mashed and whipped potatoes covered in gravy. And of course for the days you have to have ketchup as a veggie, home fries!!! Another favorite is in the spring, using up the old potatoes before the new ones are ready, is potato pancakes topped with my own winter relish. OHHH yummmy!!!

I have become a bit of a fan of cakes, pies and cookies as of late....ummmm..... I enjoy making them as well.

Dislikes... I can not stomach PEAS! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! I'm not allowed to eat shell fish... so I have decided it is best not to like them..lol... I also don't care for mushrooms any more.... after years of loving them. Ummm ????? Funny.. I was told when I quit smoking I would have a new appreciation for the varying tasted of food... Oddly I now find a lot of foods I liked, I no longer care for the taste of.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 am

LOL I love it, Tammy!

Mushroom taste nice, but the texture... blech. But how can you not like peas?? I love peas, cold, straight from the can. I can eat the whole thing with a spoon. Mmmmm
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:09 am

Diana, I just laughed out loud because you are a stereotype come to life... a PEI res. who loves potatoes. ;)

I gag on boiled/mashed potatoes. Something about the texture.

When I was a kid I used to looovvve frozen peas. Once I ate so many that I made myself sick... haven't eaten a pea since.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:18 am

I LOVE food!!! Some of my favs are hummus, SUSHI, meats, potatoes, all seafood, LOVE spicy food, pastas, and last but certainly not least - most forms of alcoholic beverages LOL :)

Right off the top of my head I can only think of one thing I really hate and that's curry.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:30 am

Fiere wrote:

But how can you not like peas?? I love peas, cold, straight from the can. I can eat the whole thing with a spoon. Mmmmm
Ohhhh my.... I just had a gag moment... Likes and Dislikes~ Food 718687 For the life of me I can not imagine eating cold peas out of the can.. Likes and Dislikes~ Food 682614 Potato chips now that's another story,,, hahahaha..
Cold left over pizza even... but peas.... ewwww!

I never realy thought about alcohol beverages... So I wonder for those that do indulge from time to time, whats your poison????
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 am

For some reason when I do a spell check , I can not get my cursor back into the body of the message I am composing... grrrr...

Anyway my pick now is BEER... nice icy cold, Sleeman's Cream Ale. I was a die hard Schooner fan.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Well I don't drink any alcohol, but my normal poison is Pepsi. When I want a real treat, I have a Jones Soda cream soda. My daily favourite is white milk.
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:36 pm

It's a subject everybody has a comment to make about.

Food glorious food.-Well being Irish i lke Diana,love spuds,boiled and mashed with real butter,black pepper and a pinch of salt,home made chips in a white bread sandwich smothered in real butter,ummm.I love leafy green veg,peas-even mushy peas,Baked beans,brown bread,most jams.
I love fresh fish,especially Sea Bass which i only eat as treat over here(its so rexpensive). Bananas,peachs,raspberries. A good ole irish stew on a winters day(mouth watering) i do like chicken and pork and beef,not so big on lamb,veal,venison,duck etc.

I hate shellfish,crab,oyster,mussels,anything slimey,makes me gag.

And to wash it down-Cold pint of guiness with a creamy head,Carlsberg the odd time and occasionally i'll have a glass or two of Cognac Hennesy Brandy.

Actually,now that i think about it,i love a lot of things in between bread,bananas,potatoe chips.delious. Likes and Dislikes~ Food 775395
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likes and Dislikes~ Food   Likes and Dislikes~ Food Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likes and Dislikes~ Food
Page 1 of 1