Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

Go down 
+2
lb-ranch
Green paint
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Green paint

Green paint

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Empty
PostSubject: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 am

Has anyone out there leased out their horse ( lease to own ) only to have the people (criminals/ horse thieves) that signed the lease NOT PAY YOU ONE RED CENT on a signed , legal contract ?!?!
I have sent a registered letter, see they have picked it up, and still, the cowards refuse to answer my e-mails, registered mail, etc etc etc ... Its time for court I guess, as I stated to them in the registered letter ... Gave them more than one opportunity to make it right, but STILL no response after 6 weeks! ARGHHHH ....
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:51 am

Are you able to just go pick your horse back up??

my biggest fear, I'm in the middle of working out a contract for sale with someone wanting to make payments on my colt, I want to trust that I'll be paid in a timely manner but also trying to cover all possibilities in contract, now you've got me thinking of how hard enforcing a contract would be should the deal fall apart. Hope you get your horse back safely
Back to top Go down
SemiCharmed

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Wow that's awful! If this is related to Purple's passing, was there any mortality clause in your agreement with them?

I know when I was free leasing Charm (and have since been given him), there was a clause that if he died in the first year (or may have been two) of our agreement, I would pay his previous owner an agreed upon amount.

If there was no mortality clause, I am not sure how successful you will be in recouping his sale price, as technically they may argue that he was still your horse when he passed.

((hugs)) Still a totally crappy thing for them to do (assuming of course this is the situation) - if it isn't to do with Purple's owners, then I agree with LB, I'd be going to pick up my horse.
Back to top Go down
Green paint

Green paint

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Yes, it's for Purple, so, no, cant really go get him ... The clause in the lease was that they were responsible for EVERYTHING once he left my property.
I sent e-mails willing to make some sort of "arrangement" for a MUCH lesser amount seeing the circumstances, but they have just ran away ... Soooo, now, Im going for the full amount in court . It could have went off much easier than this, but THEY chose the hard way...
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:43 pm

We have done a lease (as the purchaser and seller) and sent a horse on trial (over 5 hours away) and had a mortality clause in all contracts. We never had a problem and if something happened that a payment was delayed we had provisions outlined in the contract....
On a horse we leased out.... we had that if the person leasing knew in advance that there would be an issue with a coming payment they could call us we would hold the check for 15 days... and to make life easier for the seller the horses had to be boarded at the facility of the seller's choosing until the horses were paid in full (in case pick up was required)

Greenpaint... wow... I would be headed for court too... what a shame.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:12 pm

what a horrible situation - I feel horribly for you. It's bad enough to have lost your horse, but for people to act like this is totally uncalled for. I agree in your actions. Take them to court and let the chips fall where they may. In my opinion they don't have a leg to stand on. Hopefully the judge will see them for what they are and she'll/he'll make it right. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Green paint

Green paint

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:14 am

They have the balls to actually go on Kijiji now looking for his foals!
STILL havent received a dime from them...
[url]http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-pets-livestock-for-sale-LOOKING-FOR-Foals-of-Splash-of-Purple-W0QQAdIdZ235377883
[/url]

This sure is stoking my fire ....
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am

What an insult to injury. I hope you get closure on all this soon, GP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: