Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Protective Vests

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Protective Vests Empty
PostSubject: Protective Vests   Protective Vests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:20 am

Does anyone recommend one brand of protective vests over another? maybe a good website or location to purchase one? any pros/cons I should keep in mind?

We've been thinking with Brittany's determination to go fast and despite her latest tumble not phasing her the least that she needs to be fully padded... we figure if we start young it will be like the helmet she won't go anywhere without it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Protective Vests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protective Vests   Protective Vests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:35 am

I really like the TIPPERARY brand........they adjust really well, come in LITTLE KID sizes, lots of colours and they have a tail guard, most of the others only protect the core......only real concern is dismounting......I got mine caught on my saddle horn......and was hung up till I got a boost........much like a belt buckle getting hung up...........
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
jb's boys

Protective Vests Empty
PostSubject: vests   Protective Vests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:29 am

i agree with Joan, Tipperary is the best for the buck. you may be able to get one used on E-Bay, especially in child's sizes. i think Dublin manufactures as well but idon't know their price point. Hello everybody by the way, i've been lurkingfor a while now.
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

Protective Vests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protective Vests   Protective Vests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 pm

we are looking too after a recent incident but out 12 year old absolutely refuses to wear it (I borrowed one to try) so hopefully Brittany is young enough to accept it!
Back to top Go down
charlo

Protective Vests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protective Vests   Protective Vests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:37 pm

My kids have no choice...they either wear theirs or dont ride.
Isobel's is a tipperary and Christian has moved on to mine which is a flex rider. And I get to get a new one...

The tipperary is nice, it moves with the child, the flex rider is hard and doesn't move but it rated the highest in safety it can be for vest, where the tipperary isn't rated that high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Protective Vests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protective Vests   Protective Vests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protective Vests
Page 1 of 1