Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Third anniversary this week....

Go down 
+4
oldladynewhorse
Tammy
Wissy
Ellie*Mae
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Third anniversary this week.... Empty
PostSubject: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:04 am

WEAR YOUR HELMET!! - yes, I am shouting. Third anniversary this week.... 368450 It was the 3rd anniversay on May 15 of my husband's brain surgery in Moncton for a subdural hematoma, caused by a fall from Dolly, and landing on his un-helmeted head. If you won't do it for yourself - wear it for the ones who love you :-)
He has made a full recovery (thank God) which I partially credit to his hard head....!!! (And the fantastic surgeons at the Moncton Hospital!)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:23 am

scarey stuff isn't it.. Please everyone wear your helmet at all times.. thank goodness it turned out well for your husband Ellie.. could have been much worse..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:10 am

l always wear my helmet. And I make anyone who rides MY horses wear a helmet. There are lots of people out there that have the "it can't happen to me". It's sad really because wearing a helmet is no big deal, and it can help to prevent injuries.
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

I wear my helmet also. In fact, I will refuse to ride if I don't have it with me. I was guilty last week of not wearing it one day. I kept saying I don't have my helmet!! Everyone says it will never happen to me but riding a young green horse it is 99.9% part of my riding routine.
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

So glad everything worked out for your husband. He was one of the lucky ones. Last year I was
bucked off and landed on my head and was very thankful, I was wearing a helmet. My helmet and
safety vest is like my seat belt in the car. I never think twice about it.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:48 pm

WHERE does the time go?? It's hard to believe that was 3 years ago. He was lucky, and I am sure his experience, has made a difference for others. I always don my helmet! We need to start a new "day" Helmet Awareness Day.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:15 pm

I have always, and continue to always wear my helmet - every time, every ride! I don't care how I look or what others may think, it has saved me from major trauma twice already. I'm also glad that your husband is doing well, how very lucky he is!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 am

Just seems like yesterday that he had that fall............Thank god he still is good. I never go riding without my helmet......or driving , or maybe even in the round pen......... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Yes, I like to remind him how hard his head really is...LOL...why are you posting at 2 in the morning, woman? He is one lucky boy!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:02 pm

yOU REALLY NEED TO CHECK YOUR SPECS............its says 9 57 not 2am..........ahhahaha
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:40 pm

I have to check my profile and see what Time Zone I'm in....some days are diamonds! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third anniversary this week....   Third anniversary this week.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third anniversary this week....
Page 1 of 1