Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

removing grass from driveway

Go down 
+7
oldladynewhorse
Freva
Ellie*Mae
Wissy
SexyDexy
Bay-Lee
just joan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

removing grass from driveway Empty
PostSubject: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:05 am

hey guys, anyone know how to remove grass from a gravel driveway without using ROUNDUP.......I used to use it twice a year, but since we now have the donkey and he goes everywhere, I need to fix the driveway before I end up losing it.........without killing HIM.............

IDEAS PLEASE
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:23 am

boiling water....Its alot of work, but it does work..Just be careful not to burn yourself..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:35 am

Really??// just straight boiling water????
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 am

yup...Some people put salt in it, but I have tried just the water on my driveway to kill weeds, so it should work for grass also..Let me know if you try it..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:01 am

I have the kettle plugged in now.......thanks Denise.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 am

Do you have a blowtorch? You can "flame weed" your driveway. They sell ones that look like a cane so you don't have to bend over, just walk along and torch them. You have to make sure you hold the flame on the weeds for a long enough time to kill the growing point (meristem, if you want to get technical). You'd have to try it on a spot and see how long it takes.

I just mow my driveway. I kinda like the grass in it.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 am

Azure, you gotta be one of the WEIRDEST CHICKS I know......mow your driveway.........hahahaha......and if I used a blow torch the whole darn farm would be in flames......Ed is not likely to let me do that.....you know how he is with putting out the campfire............ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 am

I gotta be something... I guess weird is better than an Daisy lol!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:41 am

oh.. dear.. I can't wait to spend this weekend with you two..Pyromaniac removing grass from driveway 570740 and the wierdo nose picker removing grass from driveway 45324 removing grass from driveway 124774 .. removing grass from driveway 900770
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 am

and you of course Wissy are the sane normal everyday girl next door type........hahahahahahahah removing grass from driveway 813919
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:58 am

I am .. normal as the day is long.. removing grass from driveway 775395
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Just plain old pickling salt will kill the grass, hubby uses it around posts, etc., so we don't have to trim when we mow.
We bought a 50 lb. bag of regular livestock stuff from Agro-Co-op this year lol!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:56 pm

SO FAR BOILING 20 kettles of water takes a long time and then I dont know where I have done it......I think I will go get a bag of salt......thanks ladies. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 am

told ya it was alot of work.. :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

OMG Denise, no kidding, Kettles dont hold that much and by the time you boil up one and pitch it on the grass, by the time you go back out with the next one you have no idea where the heck you did it already............
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Vinegar will do wonders as well, Joan.

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Get Sam to pee on it. Bruin has certainly done a great job @ killing the grass on my front lawn.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:29 pm

salt, pee, whatever ... just stay away from the blowtorch! Ya just had to mention it SD, didn't ya! removing grass from driveway 989857
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 am

Well some one beat me to the punch, cause I was going to tell you to pee on the weeds too. Urice (sp) acid seems to kill grass and weeds. It might be easier if you ask Ed to pee on the weeds.. I'm betting he has a better aim than you or Sam.. bwhahahahaa!
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Ellie*Mae wrote:
Just plain old pickling salt will kill the grass, hubby uses it around posts, etc., so we don't have to trim when we mow.
We bought a 50 lb. bag of regular livestock stuff from Agro-Co-op this year lol!

hummm..I feel stupid asking this but will regular salt do lol!
Back to top Go down
jbrat

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:11 pm

I have had success using the left over salt we had for the ice in the winter. It worked good on the thistles. I've use vinager too. Some plants were more tolerant than others but in a week or so they were gone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing grass from driveway   removing grass from driveway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

removing grass from driveway
Page 1 of 1