Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT

Go down 
+8
Fiere
teekathepony
allison.morgan@sympatico.
MoonShadow
Krista
Ellie*Mae
just joan
withaTwist
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
withaTwist

withaTwist

HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:40 pm

glad i could help, starting the blog was entirely a selfish venture, but im happy it helps encourage others :)

i strongly suggest picking up that book, its kind of a bit far out at times, but makes me own up to my emotional state while riding.

that, and the call to the lady i mentioned to you, fiere - more bang for my buck than lessons... sometimes its not my riding, its my brain lol!

charlo- thanks! i may give that a try next time :)
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:38 am

so i just finished typing an entry about how I hate 5am mornings, and im so glad that this is my last shift, and it got deleted. I have a feeling thats how today is going to go...

But! no matter how awful it is, Im walking out of here at 1:00, leaving my keys inside, never to return! (at least to work).

Im getting really nervous about school tho, I will be happy when we move, and I can get started.
I also am really looking forward to moving Angus, meaning I will have access to an indoor, a huge outdoor (level ground! gasp!), and no more excuses :)
He can then be my fine-tuning pony, helping me progress my riding, and I will continue my bushwacking adventures on the two stbd (thats the plan anyway).

thinking happy thoughts, counting down the minutes :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 am

sure as shooting, the time will just drag today for you........try not to hurt yourself dreaming up things to do with it, and did you find a place to live when moving or just a spot for pony.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 am

we are moving into a rental cottage - they rent only to vet students during the winter, everything included, for cheap! only problem is we have to be out in may (which is fine, since the bf is a lobster fisherman, and we'd move for the season anyway).

Im so excited to have our OWN little place. First we lived in a basement appartment (it was a horse farm, so i was fine with it), then his grandparents, then rented his uncle (again, had a barn, but we had to deal with his family A LOT), now we live with his mother (long story, I may have got us kicked out of his uncle's, but... this is better, trust me).

this cottage is a dream! 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom (with a sky light and full sized bathtub _ big deal to me!), our own parking, and best of all - no one above us/below us, and 45 min away from both of our families! plus they allow pets.

can you tell im excited?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am

that does sound dreamy........really happy for you both......hope school is everything you thought it would be and more.
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

thanks joan, i will keep everyone posted, im becoming as addicted to this forum as i am to facebook lol!
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:33 am

im adding an inspirational passage today, maybe because im overtired, or just excited to be done work in an hour and a half.

"Horses demand authenticity every step of the way. To be effective, riders must develop an alert yet meditative state of mind, creative appraoches to problem solving, and an ability to set long term goals without lapsing into impatience with the challenges that arise or an attachment to preconceived notions of how success will be attained. Horses respond to personal integrity, thoughtful leadership, mental and physical balance, emotional congruency, flexibility, receptivity, clear intent and sophisticated energy management. They reward their riders for even the most subtle approximations of these virtues through increased attention, cooperation, and affection, acting as unbiased barometers in the work of human development"

i think this passage is meaningful, whether you are starting a colt, training a greenie, practicing for high level competition, trail riding, or even just enjoying the company of horses. A common goal to strive towards (these qualities), for all us horse-people :)

this old school/slow tempo music is getting to my head, 1 hour, 27 minutes left.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 pm

OMG TWIST........you are loosing it girl......could have summed up the whole thing with a couple of words not a whole epistle.........be kind and understanding and gentle with your touch.......course I am more for actions speak louder than words. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:34 pm

it was a quote from the book im reading! im not that rambling mad yet, lol

only 26 more minutes till freedom!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:36 pm

oh I didnt really think you wrote it.......sounds more like some guy with delusions of grandeur and smoke coming out his a s s
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:38 pm

he must have been being paid by the word....... lol!
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 pm

haha, close, its a female, with what seems to be a very light grasp on reality...
i liked the main idea tho :)

Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:40 pm

haha, and i agree, this book could have easily been a magazine article..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:49 pm

I could wax and pontificate on many subjects if I was being paid by the word......one can ramble on about many things and go round in circles saying the same thing but with different adjectives, perhaps we could have a contest one day on the longest sentence ever produced without abreviations, and sentence structure and just go on incessantly about absolutely nothing but taking up as much space as possible on a page just to infuriate the readers or perhaps just keeping their minds awake for a while longer as the clock ticks down to their CHECK OUT TIME.... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

hahaha. well said :)
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:27 pm

so poor angus thinks he's retired again, I've been way too busy getting ready for school/moved, and I havent made it out to ride... he wont know what hit him when i move him in to town with me, poor little guy!

but.... im super excited for school! one of my neighbours/classmates is also a rider, and has her horse here, and we're hoping to move him somewhere near where angus will be. i kind of forgot that vet school would lead to more horse friends :)

and they are obviously the friends that understand you best :D
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am

OH, that's terrific Twist..you can help motivate one another, and cover for each other....too cool. :cowboyhound.gi ..
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:12 pm

im trying to convince my neighbour to move her horse near where angus is going THIS WEEK!!! so we can trail ride together :)

ps. my first day of school was awesome, im so excited :D :cowgirlride.gi
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 am

YEAH!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:11 am

this will be short - typing on my playbook, which im still trying to figure it out.
went riding yesterday, and enjoyed the gorgeous weather!
after the ride i refreshed our memories on rollbacks etc. and got used to the new ring. the girls i rode with were humming the song from "ponderosa" and said our canter/lope was looking awesome. then the girl i will be taking lessons with asked if i would get on her horse so she could see how he goes. i was really flattered, her horse is REALLY nice and she's been doing all the reining work on him herself (with a coach - soon to be OUR couch). he felt very similar to angus (steering and responsiveness). and she tried angus! now im really excited for lessons, as we are about at the same stage - angus's experience allows me to jump some steps :).

it felt good to feel like i was improving/knew my stuff. we start lessons next week!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:19 am

WOOO HOOO, Good for you Twist......glad to see you got a chance to post some more. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 am

i've decided to take the plunge and COMMIT to reining. it really is what we do best, and what angus is confident at. gaming is fun, but its just not either of our strong point, we are both control freaks. not to say i wont do it at fun shows, where we arent reining. :)

i was talking to a classmate last night who has worked at a reining barn in the us and says angus's build is precisely what all of their horses looked like.
so im going to invest some money in a DECENT saddle for this purpose, and take this attempt seriously (hard concept for me, lol).

im also learning that during school i will have limited time to ride, so i have to make it count. so excited!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:19 pm

step 1- commit to reining
step 2 - buy proper saddle for reining
step 3- stay up all night praying said saddle fits
step 4- get saddle, clean saddle, continue prayers
step 5 - put saddle on pony
step 6- ride in saddle
step 7 - conquer the world!

its amazing the difference a saddle can make. we had an actual jog, a slow round canter, and a very obedient pony! so happy right now. lesson next week!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:11 am

LOVE IT..........Make a plan, Commit to the Plan, Conquer the Plan, RULE THE WORLD..woooooooo hooooooo for you :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:19 am

thanks joan, ME has been a great resource, you guys are awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT   HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP WANTED: NEWBIE WESTERN RIDER SEEKS E-COACHES TO SAVE HER FROM EMBARASSMENT
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next